BKP Soi 88 food market and Chang!

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

BKP Soi 88 food market and Chang!

Post by NOKYAI »

It seems there has been a major coup at BKP and there is no longer any other beer available other than that distributed by Chang! :roll:
I was told by one of the outlets that this was because Leo would not match Changs pricing. Well, I'm a bloody minded Yorkshireman who doesn't like to be told what to drink! :neener:
So I went to the 7/11 which I guess is still part of the BKP complex and purchased a multi pack of Leo. I did have some problem getting proper glasses and ice, but I stuck to my guns and won out in the end. I hope this doesn't go on for too long as last night the music was good and Mrs N enjoyed her fish, it has become a regular haunt for us mid week.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
buksida

Re: BKP Soi 88 food market and Chang!

Post by buksida »

Apparently Chang bought exclusive rights to sell beer there for a seven figure sum.

Nothing like a good monopoly eh! I don't mind Chang but I prefer Choice.

Here is a list of alternative food courts in Hua Hin: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=38488
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

I am boycotting this place, as I think the rich and greedy owner does not care if the
expats or anyone is upset by his greed. Shame on Chang doing busiess this way.
Thankfully there is another place , Paemai Food Garden at the south end of Canal
road, near the Tuesdy night market. Good food, and live and,as well all the
beer brands available.
Geezer
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Do not like the Chang beer nowadays..Reminds me taste-wise of the cheap stubbies brought over the Channel from Calais in the 80's. If NOKYAI's cunning plan concerning buying Leo's at the 7/11 then drinking it there at BKP continues then yes, I may well continue to go.
Tan-Diow (Big C Plaza) could do with more variety of bands there..the current music played there runs at tick-over speed, with the same artists most nights. This place never seems to kick in/take off, but for a steady night is ideal.
Pae Mai is good for a change, and DO have some good music/bands on there.
IMO the Cicada, & Tamarind venues are for Bangkok youngsters to browse and buy overpriced tat.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

As opposed to other areas where you can buy overpriced tarts.
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

Have BKP not got security who go around looking for people who bring their own drinks?
FWIW I do not like Chang much, but at 55thb I can manage 2or 3. :)
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

It would be a tough call as I baught my Leo at the 7/11 which is as much part of BKP as any other retailer....The mood I was in that night, I don't think they would have challenged me ;-)
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

oakdale160 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:19 am As opposed to other areas where you can buy overpriced tarts.
That made me chuckle.
:thumb:
GN.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Ginjaninja wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:53 am
oakdale160 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:19 am As opposed to other areas where you can buy overpriced tarts.
That made me chuckle.
:thumb:
GN.
But he didn’t say whether they were sweet or savoury?