Customs clearance red channel at Suvarnabhumi

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Customs clearance red channel at Suvarnabhumi

Post by migrant »

We came in from Bali at Don Muang last Friday. Hadn't gone through there in a long time but it was real smooth. Immigration gal was quick (like Pete said maybe because of the change).

They were xraying every bag though. I wonder about the effectiveness though. I had a half meter kriss sword with a silver covered sheath and about 20 cigars. No questions though.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

I came in from US Saturday, Sept 17 and NO problems. Breezed right past the scanners as there was nobody manning them at 11pm when I arrived. Surprised no asking about vaccination but just breezed through Priority Immigration (I'm 81). Slick.
buksida

Post by buksida »

No issues or bag scans coming through customs at Swampy yesterday, glad I took the risk with extra single malt!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I arrived back this morning and experienced one of the quickest transits ever. I was with my wife so we were both directed to the Thai immigration queue - only we were first in the queue so processing took literally about 3 minutes. Our bags arrived within 5 minutes and nobody paid any attention to us or anyone else walking through customs. Our taxi man was on time so we were in his van within 10 minutes of clearing customs and to top it all, the traffic to Cha Am was pleasantly light and we reached home within 3h 15 mins from disembarking the plane. The biggest challenge has been adjusting to the change in temperature - the UK has been experiencing particularly cold weather for this time of the year.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

My daughter arrived yesterday. In spite of arrivine 1hr 15 mins late, she met her taxi 20 mins after landing. Sailed through immigration, got her 45 day stamp and showed only her passport. (Business class so she had preference).. Came armed with everything that she 'might' need and was asked for none of it.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I arrived yesterday and finally didn't have to fill out an arrival card, they announced they were getting rid of them a while back but it's the first time I've not had to do one.
buksida

Post by buksida »

I had to show my boarding card on arrival so the immigration officer must enter the details on the computer. The queues were as bad as ever and baggage claim took half an hour, it must have been a busy arrival slot judging by the opposite experience others have had.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

buksida wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:39 am I had to show my boarding card on arrival so the immigration officer must enter the details on the computer......
I hope they have big red signs and announcements to retain those for people disembarking in Thailand. Many people just leave them in the plane seat pocket with other odds and ends.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
buksida

Post by buksida »

I think all they wanted was the flight number that went on the old TM6 so as long as you remember it, it should be ok.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I didn't miss trying to cram my address into that tiny box on the old form!
I landed at 15:15 and made the 16:00 bus but I didn't have any baggage to collect.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

My daughter was a little annoyed at not having to fill in a TM6. "I brought a bloody pen just for that!"
Other than that, she flew through immigration and was on her way in a taxi 30 mins after landing.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’ve already posted about my experience but just to add to the detail, we arrived just before 8am and it was very quiet - we were also asked for our boarding tickets which I still had.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

HHTel wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:50 pm My daughter was a little annoyed at not having to fill in a TM6. "I brought a bloody pen just for that!"....
Yes and what's been annoying is that since the arrival form was announced finished, airlines stopped giving them our on flights but I came back twice after that and had to mess around filling one out in the immigration queue.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Bringing a watch from the UK

Post by Pagey »

A friend is bringing me a new watch in it's box from the UK next week as it's currently unavailable over here.

He's now a bit worried about getting stopped at customs, is it likely? Has anyone been stopped carrying 'luxury' goods or similar?
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Bringing a watch from the UK

Post by Dannie Boy »

Pagey wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:19 am A friend is bringing me a new watch in it's box from the UK next week as it's currently unavailable over here.

He's now a bit worried about getting stopped at customs, is it likely? Has anyone been stopped carrying 'luxury' goods or similar?
All of the posts that I’ve read recently, including travelling into Thailand on the 2nd October have not indicated any increase in Customs checking so the chances of getting stopped are fairly low - but just in case, does it have to be brought in a box?