Buying a new golf bag, shipping to Thailand

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Buying a new golf bag, shipping to Thailand

Post by thecolonel »

I'm thinking of buying a new golf bag from UK and getting it shipped here.

Reading this thread I'm starting to get put off the idea.....

Details are....

Approx. length/width 1m x 0.3 x 0.3 (Approx. weight inc packaging 4kg)

Cost of item c. £120

Cost of postage?? No idea

Import tax??

Should I bother?

This is all because I have to have a left handed golf bag..... don't ask!

Any bright ideas especially from fellow golfers. Any golf stores in Bkk I can deal with in English without going there?

Thanks

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Parcels sent to Thailand

Post by handdrummer »

thecolonel wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:13 pm I'm thinking of buying a new golf bag from UK and getting it shipped here.

Reading this thread I'm starting to get put off the idea.....

Details are....

Approx. length/width 1m x 0.3 x 0.3 (Approx. weight inc packaging 4kg)

Cost of item c. £120

Cost of postage?? No idea

Import tax??

Should I bother?

This is all because I have to have a left handed golf bag..... don't ask! Image Image

Any bright ideas especially from fellow golfers. Any golf stores in Bkk I can deal with in English without going there?

Thanks

I have a genuine US made Callaway Big Bertha bag for 6000 bht. There are no left or right handed golf bags. This one belonged to a left-handed golfer. It's in excellent condition. I don't know shipping costs but you will pay import duty, 7% vat & I think 10% sales tax. I also have a box or 2 of new balls & golf gloves & a pair of golfing shoes. I don't know the size but if you're interested I can look.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

There are no left or right handed golf bags.
Just what I thought which is why I googled it out of curiosity. There are indeed left handed bags and they are subtly different.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

HHTel wrote:
There are no left or right handed golf bags.
Just what I thought which is why I googled it out of curiosity. There are indeed left handed bags and they are subtly different.
Absolutely there are! Sorry but I know what I want/need. I pick up the bag with left hand and put on left shoulder, even though im right handed.

Bag manufactures make 99% of CARRY bags the other way! I just can't get used to it, like trying to write left handed!

Appreciate any advice as to where to get in thailand?

Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Re: Buying a new golf bag, shipping to Thailand

Post by Gregjam »

Might be worth getting the UK supplier to send it as most likely if you can get it locally it will not be cheaper than the bag plus carriage. I get bicycle stuff (wheels are the largest item) sent because I cannot get what I want here and it can take time but at least you get what you want.
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Lazada have golf bags on their site
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Yes they do, but not left handed which is what the OP wants. :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Why do you not contact the maker of the one you have/had and get a shipping quote to Thailand - will save all these posts as nobody else is aware of LH bags?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Gregjam wrote:Might be worth getting the UK supplier to send it as most likely if you can get it locally it will not be cheaper than the bag plus carriage. I get bicycle stuff (wheels are the largest item) sent because I cannot get what I want here and it can take time but at least you get what you want.
Asked and they won't send it to Thailand. Warranty and delivery issues.

I could get it sent to my son and then he sends it on but costs could be high, warranty difficulties import tax, will it actually arrive.....??

Starting to go off the idea, and concentrate on getting my current one repaired as much as poss and muddle through

Then buy in UK in May

Anyway, interesting exercise for me, not straightforward getting new items from UK to Thailand.

Thanks to all for suggestions

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

PET wrote:Why do you not contact the maker of the one you have/had and get a shipping quote to Thailand - will save all these posts as nobody else is aware of LH bags?
Waiting for 3 days for that info, maybe they don't ship to Thailand just like the retailer of them. You gotra wonder why?!

fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

Have a look on rakutan.

I ordered a Taylor made bag from Japan 2 years ago. Import duty is only about 5% which i paid when I picked it up from the post office near hua Hin airport.

The Japanese price was about 1/2 the Lazada price. Things may have changed, but worth checking.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

I wish the OP well in his search but I would love to see a left handed and a right handed bag side by side as I've never seen a left hander at all as far as I know and I would like to see just how much of a difference there could be.

I know there are such things as RH and LH scissors so I guess I should not be surprised.

Cheers!
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

centermid7 wrote:I wish the OP well in his search but I would love to see a left handed and a right handed bag side by side as I've never seen a left hander at all as far as I know and I would like to see just how much of a difference there could be.

I know there are such things as RH and LH scissors so I guess I should not be surprised.

Cheers!
The(LH) bag is completely reversed. The main pockets and straps are on the other to a RH bag

Bag manufactures expect 99% of RH golfers to pick up the bag with their RH and put on R shoulder. Fair enough. I get that

But I can't do that!! Trust me... I've tried! It's like asking me to write left handed(ironically, as I'm right handed!)

For some reason I want to pick up with my L hand and put on L shoulder(then apply other strap if necessary)

That's what I used to to do with the single strap bags in the 90s... habit I guess!

Anyway there's been some good tips on here about Japan etc so thanks to all I'm on the case....

Cheers

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

fft100 wrote:Have a look on rakutan.

I ordered a Taylor made bag from Japan 2 years ago. Import duty is only about 5% which i paid when I picked it up from the post office near hua Hin airport.

The Japanese price was about 1/2 the Lazada price. Things may have changed, but worth checking.
This is precisely the sort of advice I'm looking for.... Image

Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

As a slight aside and probably why people find this interesting. Although I have not played for a long time I cannot recall ever carrying a bag here. Even in Thanarat the bag was carried from the car and back to the car by a caddie. On the rare occasion I played a round abroad I used either a trolley or a cart. I would guess that the caddies here would find a left handed bag confusing.