Best full English breakfast in Hua Hin 2020

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: Best full English breakfast in Hua Hin 2020

Post by thecolonel »

Big Boy wrote:Yes, it does belong there, but we sometimes allow threads like this to refresh with current information.

This is Hua Hin. Restaurants and bars open and close with high regularity. Using the original thread can give a lot of misinformation, which can be annoying to say the least.

As an example, I recently spent a few days in Uthai Thani. We used Google Maps to find locally eateries. At one point, we found 6 restaurants in a row that that were once thriving businesses, but were no longer there.

:offtopic:
Must admit, only noticed the 2020 part in the title after I posted! Image

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

This whole English breakfast thing is such an interesting sociological item of interest. The English b/f threads are among the busiest and most passionate on the forum. I think I am fairly typical I eat Thai food almost exclusively for lunch and dinner, except an occasional F & C, but if and when I eat breakfast I MUST have the food that mother used to feed me before I went to school and which school fed me when I was a boarder. For Brits and Commonwealth cousins, its the very definition of "comfort food"
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

I'm just amazed that you Brits are such morning birds, or do you eat breakfast the whole day?

YNWA

YNWA
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

huahin4ever wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:38 am I'm just amazed that you Brits are such morning birds, or do you eat breakfast the whole day?

YNWA
Well it can of course be eaten any time of the day (hence the proliferation of restaurants/cafes offering “all-day breakfasts“), but a traditionalist would only eat it for breakfast (typically between 7-9am). And as the saying goes “the early bird catches the worm”!!
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Dannie Boy wrote:
huahin4ever wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:38 am I'm just amazed that you Brits are such morning birds, or do you eat breakfast the whole day?

YNWA
Well it can of course be eaten any time of the day (hence the proliferation of restaurants/cafes offering “all-day breakfasts“), but a traditionalist would only eat it for breakfast (typically between 7-9am). And as the saying goes “the early bird catches the worm”!!
3pm for me... I'm a Bruncher!

stretch
Professional
Professional

Post by stretch »

Never had worms with mine.
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

It would be interesting if people just kept to the point and talked about restaurants serving breakfast, what it costs, what is provided and what the price is. More than 90% of the posts so far have been totally irrelevant!
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: Best full English breakfast

Post by thecolonel »

Big Boy wrote:I believe Limelight, El Murphys and Father Teds all do a half decent breakfast, and fall into your criterion, although Father Teds is advertised as Irish.

Personally, I avoid those 3 because of parking. Breakfast places you may find me in include:

99 Cafe (behind Baan Khun Por on the road with no name)
Route 88 (Soi 88)
Hua Hin Fishing Lodge
Joes Bar (Soi 94)
Morning Coffee (Soi 94)
Oasis (Khao Takiab)
The Room (Khao Takiab)

A favourite with many is also Nanny's just up from the 2 7-11s on the link road between 88 and 94.
Harry is right so here goes.....

Mine are

Murphys (4 items 99baht I have beans toast poached eggs and a single slice of v average bacon)it's OK, cheap and convenient

Cool breeze - next to Victor guesthouse on. Sea Rd 150 baht as per Murphys but includes tea..

Cha ame 120 baht no toast

Pats Place (ex Joe's) 150 baht as above plus potato onions tomatoes tea and juice

European delicatessen off Soi 102 in some village, like a butchers shop with cafe. Really good brekky there I must go again... If I can find it! Circa 150 baht.. Delicious and many items!

Limelight - I cant recall the deal there but last time I went I stupidly forgot that cheese is a migraine trigger for me and I had cheese on toast with poached eggs.... absolutely freaking delicious but sure enough the migraine followed 3 hours later. That was 2 years ago and I haven't eaten cheese since.... Schoolboy error!

I want to try Blue Viking opp Centara, recommended on here but every time I go past there's literally noone in there.... worrying!

Also want to try BB's Nannys . On Soi 94/88 link road. Better directions from BKP requested please(couldnt see nanny's marked on Soi on Google map)

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

thecolonel wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:24 pm Also want to try BB's Nannys . On Soi 94/88 link road. Better directions from BKP requested please(couldnt see nanny's marked on Soi on Google map)
Definitely not mine. There's something about the place that I can't even bring myself to try it. I do buy some Farang treats there.

In answer to your question, go past the 2 x 7-11s. Not far up the road on the right it's there.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.5607689 ... 312!8i6656
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Big Boy wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:24 pm Also want to try BB's Nannys . On Soi 94/88 link road. Better directions from BKP requested please(couldnt see nanny's marked on Soi on Google map)
Definitely not mine. There's something about the place that I can't even bring myself to try it. I do buy some Farang treats there.

In answer to your question, go past the 2 x 7-11s. Not far up the road on the right it's there.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.5607689 ... 312!8i6656
Ok, directly facing Baan Khun Por apartments

What's your favourite brekky(other than Joe's now known as Pat's place)?

Regardless of your answer, I really must get the Songthaew all the way down to The Room at Khao Takiab as I've met the owner Graham a couple of times(on said bus and at the HH Hospital) and he's a smashing old fella!

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Actually Joes have changed their supplier, and I don't like their breakfast as much now, but of course, that is personal taste. Likewise with Morning Bread - their sausage used to be one of the best I'd ever had. Supplier changed, and it's just not the same any more.

Yes, I don't get there often enough, but I do like breakfast at the room. Of course, he does a lor more than breakfast as well.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Post by wenshidi »

Prolly best to avoid the western breakfast at Tops, as recommended by Wikivoyage. At 89 baht, there is barely enough to feed a bird.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

I seriously doubt that any ex pat or tourist would ever consider Tops as serving a genuine Full English breakfast as this is what the thread is about, not western style. :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Big Boy wrote:Actually Joes have changed their supplier, and I don't like their breakfast as much now, but of course, that is personal taste. Likewise with Morning Bread - their sausage used to be one of the best I'd ever had. Supplier changed, and it's just not the same any more.

Yes, I don't get there often enough, but I do like breakfast at the room. Of course, he does a lor more than breakfast as well.
I still rate Joe's pretty highly and went again today.

But one issue is have is their tea is not 'hot' it's just warm. You could pour a cup of it when they bring it and then just down it one! They clearly don't use a proper kettle to boil the water. For me as an Englishmam this is just sacrilegious!

I will have to have a friendly word with the now very pregnant Boss Lady next time!

Hoho

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

thecolonel wrote:
Big Boy wrote:Actually Joes have changed their supplier, and I don't like their breakfast as much now, but of course, that is personal taste. Likewise with Morning Bread - their sausage used to be one of the best I'd ever had. Supplier changed, and it's just not the same any more.

I still rate Joe's pretty highly and went again today.

But one issue is have is their tea is not 'hot' it's just warm. You could pour a cup of it when they bring it and then just down it one! They clearly don't use a proper kettle to boil the water. For me as an Englishmam this is just sacrilegious!

I will have to have a friendly word with the now very pregnant Boss Lady next time!

Hoho

Just to be clear.... I'm an EnglishmaN! Image