Eating out non spicy vegetarian experience

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Eating out non spicy vegetarian experience

Post by Lost »

Oh dear. Humour fail.

Lay off the sauce.

Edit: Anyone can eat whatever they want to eat. Unless you're allergic, you eat what's available.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Lost wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:57 pm Oh dear. Humour fail.

Lay off the sauce.

Edit: Anyone can eat whatever they want to eat. Unless you're allergic, you eat what's available.
You have to add an emoji or state that it's sarcasm, humor or something to let everyone know.
All is forgiven, you can come home now. :naughty:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Handdrummer is right. If you'd given a clue to the humour then we'd all laugh.

As said. All's forgiven.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

I thought the 'eliminate all vegetarians' part was enough of a clue that it was tongue in cheek. I thought wrong. Apologies for any offence caused. I need not ten thousand vegetarians with banners and placards arriving at my door to protest my words. Forgive me.

:rasta: :cheers:
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

It was humor? Damn, for once I thought I agreed with you..
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Vegatarians are just regular people who prefer not to eat meat They tend to be low-key about it and are rarely preachy. Vegans on the other hand, I find to be very strange.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

migrant wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:45 am It was humor? Damn, for once I thought I agreed with you..
:lach:
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

oakdale160 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:43 am Vegatarians are just regular people who prefer not to eat meat They tend to be low-key about it and are rarely preachy. Vegans on the other hand, I find to be very strange.
It's the lack of proper nutrition that makes them that way. Although, I do have a couple of vegan friends that are normal enough, maybe the strange ones aren't doing it right.

I'd rather be an airitarian, all I'd have to do is breathe and life would be much simpler and shorter. :rasta:
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Whenever I have guests, unless they are allergic to something, they will be served the same as everyone else. If they have chosen to be vegetarian, then there is plenty of grass on the front lawn for them.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Why all the anger against vegetarians and vegans, why does anyone care what anyone else eats?
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

handdrummer wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:50 pm Why all the anger against vegetarians and vegans, why does anyone care what anyone else eats?
Not sure, really. Good question!

It could be the constant reminders from vegetarians that they are indeed vegetarians. Or the airy fairy tree hugging protests that disrupt people's day to day. Or the front page headlines when an outraged vegetarian accidentally has a slither of meat cross their lips. Or the silly look of horror some have when seeing a butchers. Or the disruption of people's steak dinner when they waltz into a restaurant, live-stream a-ready, spewing their hatred and contempt for carnivores. Or the...
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Lost wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:13 pm
handdrummer wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:50 pm Why all the anger against vegetarians and vegans, why does anyone care what anyone else eats?

It could be the constant reminders from vegetarians that they are indeed vegetarians. Or the airy fairy tree hugging protests that disrupt people's day to day. Or the front page headlines when an outraged vegetarian accidentally has a slither of meat cross their lips. Or the silly look of horror some have when seeing a butchers. Or the disruption of people's steak dinner when they waltz into a restaurant, live-stream a-ready, spewing their hatred and contempt for carnivores. Or the...
I've never experienced any of those things. I must live a sheltered life and go to the wrong places. From now on I'll be on the look out for those crazed vegetarians.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

handdrummer wrote:
Lost wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:13 pm

I've never experienced any of those things. I must live a sheltered life and go to the wrong places. From now on I'll be on the look out for those crazed vegetarians.
To be honest, I very much doubt that any/many vegetarians display these characteristics, probably more likely to apply to vegans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I entertained a group one night and served spagetti and made a meat sauce and a veggie sauce. When I brought out the meat sauce first, two vegans attacked me because I had not made a veggie sauce, which I had but it was still in the kitchen. I brought it out and demanded an apology BUT did challenge them, would they make a meat sauce to oblige me if I came to their places. They failed to see my point.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I have friends both within the family and outside, both here and in the UK. In all the years I've known these people, and we're talking about 30 years or more, I've never ever met the veggies/vegans those that are being depicted on this forum. In fact the majority have said "Don't go to any trouble on my account". They will always find an alternative they're happy with.