S9+ Phone Repair

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
HHCanuck
Professional
Professional

S9+ Phone Repair

Post by HHCanuck »

Has anyone had their curved screen phone's (S7-S8-S9) screen repaired in HH? Not the LED just the glass. Looking for info on the cost and a good repair shop recommendation.
My usual repair guy has left MV and his cell number doesn't work anymore.
Big Boy

Re: S9+ Phone Repair

Post by Big Boy »

I would suggest taking it to the official Samsung Repair Centre on Petchkasem. They will charge what it costs. Using the other shops, you will most likely encounter a 'white man' tax.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:04 pm I would suggest taking it to the official Samsung Repair Centre on Petchkasem. They will charge what it costs. Using the other shops, you will most likely encounter a 'white man' tax.
In odd shops you will get the screen fixed a fair bit cheaper than official Samsung shops. This said in using anything other than 'official' shops you will lose any warranty you may have on the phone. The glass used is also usually of an inferior quality... but hard to really notice.

You can always order the screen and take it to a shop for them to fit it.

Places I once used are also no longer so can't help.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've known a few Farangs take their phones for screen repair in the top floor of Market Village, and it seems the 'Repair' signage is just to get the interest. Once they've got your attention, they say replacement will be so expensive, you might just as well buy a new phone.

I had Mrs BB enquire how much to replace a screen for a friend who had cracked theirs whilst on holiday. She was told 300฿. Friend came back and took her phone to the same shop - cost of repair would have been over 10x what Mrs BB had been quoted. The phone is still working fine with a bit of a screen crack 3 years later.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Big Boy wrote:I've known a few Farangs take their phones for screen repair in the top floor of Market Village, and it seems the 'Repair' signage is just to get the interest. Once they've got your attention, they say replacement will be so expensive, you might just as well buy a new phone.

I had Mrs BB enquire how much to replace a screen for a friend who had cracked theirs whilst on holiday. She was told 300฿. Friend came back and took her phone to the same shop - cost of repair would have been over 10x what Mrs BB had been quoted. The phone is still working fine with a bit of a screen crack 3 years later.
I got my S7 repaired a couple of years back(maybe 3 years ago) at the shop next to the shop modifying printers with ink tanks at the entrance from the parking garage. Changed my screen for 2500 at that time and the phone was still valued at somewhere between 10000 and 15000 baht, som well worth it.

YNWA

YNWA