Buying From Lazada Through Kasikorn Bank

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
lomuamart

Buying From Lazada Through Kasikorn Bank

Post by lomuamart »

So, I'm not very savvy about doing internet shopping but decided to take the plunge this morning.

I've set an account up on Lazada, chose my purchase and then tried to pay with a KBank debit card.

I got through Lazada's payment form OK but then I got a verification form from KBank to complete as well. This supposedly gives me a verification code to complete the purchase. It's this bit that I can't do.

The KBank form asked for my citizen ID/passport number. I gave the passport number which KBank will have. Also gave my date of birth. The form also wanted my account number and maybe I've gone wrong here? The example they gave was of a fictitious 10 digit number so I decided that must be my bank account number (10 digits) rather than the debit card number (16 digits).

The verification failed twice so I gave up.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.
buksida

Re: Buying From Lazada Through Kasikorn Bank

Post by buksida »

Kbank debit cards need to be verified by Visa before they can be used online.

The online process is a pain in the arse (as all Thai websites are) and I had similar problems, so just popped into the branch and they did it for me there.

Card works fine now.

Here's the original thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=36334
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

OK, thanks.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

It might not suit everybody, but I’ve always used COD without any problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

My preference too.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

You can upgrade your Kbank card via an ATM. Just check the options. Why this isn't done automatically when first getting the card is a Thai mystery,
Talk is cheap
KevinR
Novice
Novice

Post by KevinR »

I use my KBank debit card all the time for Lazada... It just sends a verification code to my cellphone that I put in and I'm done?... You should make sure Kasikorn has your debit card set up for credit card purchases and has your cellphone on file...
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Well, that was easy. As said above, I went to the bank, they took me outside to the ATM and a couple of clicks later I was good to go.

Purchase has now been made. Thanks for the replies.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I've been out all day and come home to three emails and a couple of SMS messages saying that my order has been cancelled because the seller can't complete. That's a disappointment.

However, I'm at a loss as to how and when I'll get my refund.

The first mail seems to suggest that I'll get a refund within 10 minutes if I activate my Lazada wallet. Wow, I'm assuming that means that I'll get 6,000 THB credit to spend. No, I want a refund. And this mail says that if I don't activate the wallet, I'll get refunded within 7 days if to my credit card or Paypal. To my debit card, which is how I paid, AFTER 45 days. F*** that.

The latter two say that they'll contact me within two days to confirm the refund has been initiated - but my account says it already has been.

So, I'm confused. Has anyone else had cancellations from the seller and if so, how did they resolve themselves?

Thanks in frustration. I'll wait to see whether I get any replies before steaming into Lazada's "customer care" stuff :cuss:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:02 pm It might not suit everybody, but I’ve always used COD without any problems
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me to. If the seller does not offer COD I don't order it.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Just spent nearly an hour and 3 different shops before the bar-code/system/my order was recognised..!
As Jeremy Clarkson always say's..."How hard can it be..?" :banghead:
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Anyway, I've laid into them by chat thing already because I wanted to do so. The person was OK but was suggesting that the problem is with KBank and their refund policy - 45 days to a debit card and "maybe only 7 or 14 if I'm lucky." ??

I've had debit card purchases go through at golf courses but for some reason they're messed up and the person wants to swipe the card again. I've never had a problem with that. The refund has been swiped through immediately and then the expense retaken. I can see the transactions on my internet banking and the SMSs are there as well. All within minutes of each other.

So, what's the difference with Lazada?

Anyway, I'm not concerned that I won't get my refund - not yet anyway. It's just the time. The t**** are quick to take my money but much slower to give it back. If it is a bank issue then I'd be surprised as banks normally like money coming in, not going out.

Oh well, once bitten and a million times shy. COD seems the way to go but this purchase came from overseas and I don't think that was an option.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

lomuamart wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:32 pm So, I'm confused. Has anyone else had cancellations from the seller and if so, how did they resolve themselves?

Thanks in frustration. I'll wait to see whether I get any replies before steaming into Lazada's "customer care" stuff :cuss:
I haven't used a bank card, but I had to pay at 7-11 once, and my order was subsequently cancelled. I received notification of a credit note that had to be spent via Lazada. A bit of a pain, but I buy a lot from Lazada anyway.

Initially, I too had the advice money would be returned to my account, but of course, there was no account to return it to.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Oh well, once bitten and a million times shy. COD seems the way to go but this purchase came from overseas and I don't think that was an option.
Many products ship from overseas. On the right hand side of the advertised display it lists the different conditions as shipping / delivery options, payment option, estimated delivery time etc. I have yet to see where prepayment is required, but I guess that some odd items may require it. Usually at the bottom of the page the same item will be listed with different suppliers, so worth checking what a different vendor has on offer.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

S***, so this idiot of a first time buyer just thought that, OK I'll pay up front. I honestly thought that's what everyone did.

Nereus, I've clicked on pretty much everything since 28th Oct and have tracked my "purchase" since that date. The system never got further than "payment received" and other bullshit. Admittedly, delivery date wasn't until 7-13th November so driving home today and seeing SMSs from Lazada I thought "here's good news".

No. No good news.

There I go.

However, I will check with the bank and see whether Lazada are pulling the wool over my eyes. Either way, I don't suppose I'll win but maybe I'll get closer to some truth?