Google translate app improved

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
nil
Professional
Professional

Google translate app improved

Post by nil »

The latest update includes Thai for the real-time translate so you can view some Thai text using your phones camera and it will replace it with English (or your native language I guess). They have also improved the translation quality using neural machine translation.
PeteC

Re: Google translate app improved

Post by PeteC »

Thanks for that. I realized I didn't have Google Translate on my phone but only on my laptop. :thumb:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Something seems to be off with the camera translate function. I have it set to Thai/English English/Thai and I get rubbish when aiming at Thai text. Not even a phonetic English version of the Thai characters, simply random english letters with no meaning.

I'll have to practice more and see if it improves.

One thing, I haven't downloaded the Thai dictionary into the phone memory. Perhaps that would help as now it's doing the translating directly on-line.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

Yes, it is a bit hit and miss. It seems to work well when the text is in the traditional font but struggles with the modern fonts.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ Working well now. I must have had a setting wrong. Still translating directly on-line and not through the downloaded Thai dictionary.

A further test will have to be handwritten Thai and not just machine typed Thai text. If someone tries that let us know the results.