Jewelry Repair recomendations

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
HHcolin
Amateur
Amateur

Jewelry Repair recomendations

Post by HHcolin »

Hi,
I have a couple of gold bracelets of my wife that are in need of repair. I did ask in a jewelry shop in the centre of town but their price seemed rather expensive.
Can anyone suggest a place i could try?
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Re: Jewelry Repair recomendations

Post by PBbeacher »

Hi,
Is your wife Thai? If so, best to get her to ask instead of doing so yourself.
There is a guy in the basement of Blu-Port opposite the gold shops with a little stall that does jewelry repairs, maybe worth a try. I got something polished up there, I am sure the price was higher than it would have been had the mrs handed it over and I not been present, but it was a spontaneous decision.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

The shop at the corner of Petchkasem & Soi 51 resized a ring for me and did an excellent job. Always bring your wife or preferably let her go in in alone.
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

Guy in Basement of Bluport, is called Silom Jewellery. He is a working goldsmith, prices are reasonable and work is good. He normally will do repairs while you wait.

I was a Jeweller in UK for 30 years before I retired so know good work. Have used him for a number of jobs.

P.S. Don't have equipment here otherwise would do it myself.
HHcolin
Amateur
Amateur

Post by HHcolin »

Thanks for that, i will give the Blueport guy a visit once my bad back allows me to get mobile again.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

This thread is more than 2 years old so may have been affected by COVID, but does anybody know whether the Blueport guy is still operating or know of any other jewellery repair place (a 9ct gold charm bracelet) - we tried at MV yesterday without any joy?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've had friends use Saphira (across from AA Insurance) in the past. I've never tried them, so can't recommend them. Friends were happy though.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:06 pm This thread is more than 2 years old so may have been affected by COVID, but does anybody know whether the Blueport guy is still operating or know of any other jewellery repair place (a 9ct gold charm bracelet) - we tried at MV yesterday without any joy?
There is a good jewellery repair shop in Cha Am which we've used a few times,
if you go to the main market from petchkasem road, just before, on the left, there's a car park and it's there on the left
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

joelle wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:19 pm
Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:06 pm This thread is more than 2 years old so may have been affected by COVID, but does anybody know whether the Blueport guy is still operating or know of any other jewellery repair place (a 9ct gold charm bracelet) - we tried at MV yesterday without any joy?
if you go to the main market from petchkasem road, just before, on the left, there's a car park and it's there on the left
Ok thanks I’ll get my wife to try first before venturing into HH to the one mentioned by BB, we did look yesterday as we were driving through but so man6 places are shut since Covid has decimated so many shopping outlets
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

joelle wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:19 pm
My wife called in this morning and the man there said he could repair the broken charm, so a big thanks :cheers: