Retirement Visa Extension and Wise (Transferwise)

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Big Boy

Re: Retirement Visa Extension and Wise (Transferwise)

Post by Big Boy »

I think the key words are 'in the past'. As you noticed, things are changing, 'only guaranteed for 3 hours whereas before it was around 48 hours'. They are probably streamlining.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

I transfered money with Wise today at 9 am and received it 3 hours later (Kasikorn).
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

You're probably right, BB. Fortunately I've never been down to my last baht before I transfer, so no biggy.
It does mean that for a couple of days, your cash is not part of your estate. The banks have in the past invented a fictitious delay on transfers, cheques etc. So for a while, your cash is on the money market in the interests of the bank.
Fortunately, much of that has been nipped in the bud.
Governor
Professional
Professional

Post by Governor »

Big Boy wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:46 pmI think the key words are 'in the past'. As you noticed, things are changing, 'only guaranteed for 3 hours whereas before it was around 48 hours'. They are probably streamlining.
I did a transfer to Singapore on Monday, there was a delay in the cash arriving at Wise as, whilst I funded the transaction online from my bank based in Jersey, they did the transaction manually.
When the funds reached Wise it was outside of the guaranteed rate period and there had been a slight change in the rate, and the funds arrived in the Singapore bank nine seconds later with an extra 4 SGD.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

pitsch wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:14 pm I transfered money with Wise today at 9 am and received it 3 hours later (Kasikorn).
Only a problem if you're transferring monthly to show income for visa purposes, but if you are, you need to be sure that delay wasn't because it went via Bangkok Bank. The route will be shown on the bottom of your Wise receipt, and you'll also be able to see with the Teller number. If something in the range MCL00001 to MCL00003 you will be fine. If something like MCL07416, be prepared for a run around.

I've become a bit of an expert in run arounds recently. If you need guidance, I'm probably your man.

Points 48; Position 20
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

A new record for me with transferwise.

From UK bank to Kbank. Less than 1 minute (!)
fellwalker
Amateur
Amateur

Post by fellwalker »

I have recently fallen foul of HH Immigration regarding proof of monthly pension income.
In previous years I used a print out from the bank of all transaction through my Foreign Currency Account.
The pension payments were labeled with, SWF (SWIFT) this indicates that they originated from outside Thailand and by implication from the UK as that's where my pension letter says so.
This year these data were unacceptable they want Credit Advices.
Has any one got a copy of what these look like from Krungsri/Bank of Ayudhya and the process to acquire, date requested, delay, any fees, are they all on one page or one page per transaction?
All advice much appreciated.

Regards
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

They look different from each bank. To obtain one, it is simply a case of going to the bank with your passbook, showing them your transactions and requesting the Credit Advice.

Points 48; Position 20
Governor
Professional
Professional

Post by Governor »

No can’t help on you specific requirements from Krungsri, save to say I had a similar experience last year.
I pitched up with my bank book and twelve months of statements, everything indicated that the transfers were from overseas.
The IO also wanted credit advices for each transaction, so twelve credit advices each containing the same information as the bank book and statements, in essence three proofs of the same transactions.
I use Bangkok Bangkok Bank and they needed to be ordered from Bangkok, I think they were 100 Baht each.
I now get the advices following each transaction emailed free of charge.
Last month I went to renew armed with the three proofs that were required last year, only for the credited advices to be politely declined as not needed.
I really love the inconsistency here.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hmmmm....... it looks as though Wise are having problems again today. I did my transfer at 08:35. An immediate update that money would be received at 09:00. That was updated to 09:10 and then 10:00. Current transfer update is money will be received at 11:20. Obviously another day where my money is being passed from Thai bank to Thai Bank :banghead:

Points 48; Position 20
Topspin
Banned
Banned

Post by Topspin »

I suspect you were a tad early with the transfer. I did mine at 10am and money transferred in micro seconds. (Kasikorn).
To all conspiracy theorists...“when you hear hoofbeats, think of horses, not zebras.” :naughty:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I did my transfer at the usual time. This problem seems to be happening about every 4th month. If it's gone straight to Kasikorn, I don't mind, but if it's been on a tour of Thailand's banks :banghead:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It's now 11:20, and what do I get?
Sorry for the wait — we need a bit more time to process your transfer. The rate for your transfer is 1 GBP = 44.4180 THB.

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, it found its way here, and the good news is it went straight to Kasikorn, so not bothered now :D
Wise.png
Wise.png (14.3 KiB) Viewed 1408 times

Points 48; Position 20
Topspin
Banned
Banned

Post by Topspin »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:17 am I did my transfer at the usual time. This problem seems to be happening about every 4th month. If it's gone straight to Kasikorn, I don't mind, but if it's been on a tour of Thailand's banks :banghead:
I used to do my transfers early am and didn't get the funds until 2ish pm. Since I changed to later morning transfers not one problem, instant transfer. Just saying!
To all conspiracy theorists...“when you hear hoofbeats, think of horses, not zebras.” :naughty: