Milk consumption in Thailand

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Milk consumption in Thailand

Post by HHTel »

children are not lactose intolerant. It only happens in adults.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

HHTel wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:39 am children are not lactose intolerant. It only happens in adults.
This surprised me, HHTel, but apparently it's not correct. (Google lactose intolerance children)
This is the way
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

What an excellent opening post by Nereus.
I spent some of my childhood in Anglesey, North Wales. A lush flat part of NW. Almost all the dairy farmers had a contract with Cadbury Chocolate company in the English Midlands and trucks picked up the milk churns every day. The standards imposed by Cadbury were very demanding and the milking sheds were spotless.
Similarly the Cheese industry in europe , esp Switzerland, has very meticulous regulations as to the care of the cows and the hygiene levels in the milking process. I am a milkaholic and am reaassured by knowing of these standards.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Tunafish wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:28 pm nereus,
milk is not indigenous to S,E Asia.
If you want to extol in all of it's virtues, I suggest you return to Oz.
So here we have yet another one that cannot read English, but can see through his rose coloured glasses enough to write crap!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

dtaai-maai wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:38 am
HHTel wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:39 am children are not lactose intolerant. It only happens in adults.
This surprised me, HHTel, but apparently it's not correct. (Google lactose intolerance children)
Yes DM, I stand corrected. It does depend on what website you read. I obviously read different ones than you did. Further googling proved you correct. It does appear, though, that it's more prevalent in adults than in children.
Shown in the para below, lactose intolerance in children is usually caused by digestive diseases or injury.
Digestive diseases or injuries to the small intestine can reduce the amount of enzymes produced and is the usual cause of lactose intolerance in young children. However, most cases of lactose intolerance develop over a period of many years in adolescents and adults.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

There is much more to bone formation than just calcium or what milk can offer. 20% of bone structure is collagen which your body progressively produces less of as you get older and it's not just something for women to take to make their skin look nicer or reduce cellulite. Vitamin K, vitamin C, omega 3, magnesium and zinc plus things like BCAA (block chain amino acids) like leucine are integral to bone and muscle building.

Milk (not skimmed) certainly helps but a much deeper knowledge of this is needed and should be promoted to increase awareness and participation on this front. For example, vitamin K sources are things like cashew nuts which would probably just whiz over most folks heads with a phrase like "What?"
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Tunafish wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:28 pm nereus,
milk is not indigenous to S,E Asia.
If you want to extol in all of it's virtues, I suggest you return to Oz.
One may extol the virtues of anything in whatever country one is.

Beware the food police.