Premier League 2019-2020

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
pharvey

Re: Premier League 2019-2020

Post by pharvey »

"Harry Kane got to 200 club goals pretty quick!"

Oh, you'll upset the Big Man...... :shock:
Lost wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:33 am Got a good feeling about Tottenham winning it next year.
The Welsh will be back next season.... Be Afraid..... Be VERY Afraid!! :wink: :D
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

The trouble is that BB has set his stall out about Harry Kane and so there’s no way he’s going to change his view, even after Harry becomes England’s top goal scorer in a few years time!!
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

pharvey wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:32 am "Harry Kane got to 200 club goals pretty quick!"

Oh, you'll upset the Big Man...... :shock:
Lost wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:33 am Got a good feeling about Tottenham winning it next year.
The Welsh will be back next season.... Be Afraid..... Be VERY Afraid!! :wink: :D
download.jpg
download.jpg (4.23 KiB) Viewed 220 times

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:25 am The trouble is that BB has set his stall out about Harry Kane and so there’s no way he’s going to change his view, even after Harry becomes England’s top goal scorer in a few years time!!
100% correct. I support both Plymouth Argyle and England from the UK. I couldn't care less about any other team. While he's England's 'best' centre-forward, I watch. He is one of the laziest footballers I have encountered, Yes, he wakes up occasionally to score a goal, but rarely does he contribute enough to the rest of the game. If you look back through the threads, I have agreed when he's had a reasonable game.

England's top goal scorer? Yes, of course he'll get there (injury permitting), but you have to consider the dross England play against these days, with many of the current International teams not having existed 50 years ago, or not even contenders for International football because even thought of them competing on the world stage was a joke. Some teams being little more than a pub side.

I don't expect the guy to be involved 100% of the game, 20 to 30% of each game would be OK. However, just stepping up to score occasionally is totally unacceptable. It is a spectator game, carrying a passenger for 88 minutes is soooo boring.

Well done DB, you've got me on my soap box again :laugh:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’m not going to try and convert you BB because I know it’s a lost cause, but I do think you’re being unfair on the contribution he makes to the team - and that’s from a non-Spurs supporter!! In the last two games he has scored twice and led on a pass for the other goal - ok, two games on their own are not a statistical trend, but at least he shows what he can do.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:35 am Well done DB, you've got me on my soap box again :laugh:
Yes, and there are so many new and interesting opinions as a result...
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:07 am I’m not going to try and convert you BB because I know it’s a lost cause, but I do think you’re being unfair on the contribution he makes to the team - and that’s from a non-Spurs supporter!! In the last two games he has scored twice and led on a pass for the other goal - ok, two games on their own are not a statistical trend, but at least he shows what he can do.
Sorry, I thought you did support Spurs.:oops:

I hear this story time and time again, but whenever I switch on, its as if he's not on the pitch, Believe me, i've tried to see a good side to him, but i can't. Actually, that's a lie, I've seen him put in about 6 half decent shifts over the years. It is without doubt he must have something, because so many rave about him, but rarely when I am watching.

Points 48; Position 20
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Well, however dire Tottenham's season has been, new manager, key players injured - - I mean, its been terrible for the majority of it...

We're still going to finish above Arsenal. :thumb:

(bloody watch them go win the fa cup now to throw this in my face)
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

This must be the lowest Arsenal have finished in the EPL in years!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, remember the days when Arsène was in charge, and they were regular top 4 finishers? All of the whingers moaning that Arsène had to go because he wasn't good enough. I remember saying at the time that Arsène had a pretty good record, and kept asking who would do better. The Arsenal supporters just said he was past it, and they would do better. Since he went, its no longer a case of watch the gap, it more a case of trip hazard ahead. :?

Points 48; Position 20
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

Congratulations to Spurs for their "we finished above Arsenal" trophy. There would be an open top bus parade if they could find a bus with all its wheels in Tottenham.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Leeds and West Brom coming up. #3 to be decided.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53412768
Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 6.20.31 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 6.20.31 AM.png (43.44 KiB) Viewed 115 times

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 6.24.35 AM.png
(73.45 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Shame Brentford didn't make automatic promotion yesterday. Used to go watch them a lot when I was younger. More than spurs actually as it was next door and cheaper.

Fingers crossed they can make it through the playoffs.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind a Welsh side going up so Pharvey can get involved. :thumb:

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Leeds United - AFT!

1st and only comment in this thread! :)
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Subbuteo launches new Leeds Utd figures for next season :laugh: :laugh:
EdMksX6XoAAiIgq.jpg
EdMksX6XoAAiIgq.jpg (79.46 KiB) Viewed 91 times
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.