Looking for live in nanny for two months

Hua Hin classifieds has been reopened, please read the classifieds posting rules before you submit an ad.
Sunshine2019
Novice
Novice

Looking for live in nanny for two months

Post by Sunshine2019 »

Hello

I will be renting a villa in Cha-am for Feb & March (with a hope to come back soon and stay longer if all goes well, visa etc permitting).

I have two young children (2.5 and 1 year old) and am looking for a live in nanny.

Would anyone have any recommendations of where to look? All the agencies seem to be in Bangkok.

Must have (very) basic English and at least 2 years experience as a nanny of preschool children.

Thank you in advance.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Looking for live in nanny for two months

Post by HHTel »

I've just sent you a pm although I'm not sure if you can receive pm's with only 3 posts.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

HHTel wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:51 am I've just sent you a pm although I'm not sure if you can receive pm's with only 3 posts.
A member can send/receive PM's after 2 posts.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Sunshine2019
Novice
Novice

Post by Sunshine2019 »

Thank you, I did receive it. :)

---

update ...

Still struggeling to find anyone. I contacted Ayasan in Bangkok but they insist on interviews being carried out in person in Bangkok. Due to the air quality situation, I don't want the kids to stay in Bangkok for long so that's out. Other agencies are trying to charge 30,000 BHT a month because 2 months is "short term". (Background: I'm coming on a tourist visa and looking around so dont want to make promises but it is likely this would turn into a long term engagement for the right person)

It's myself, Mr 2.5 and Ms 1. Staying for 2 months initially at a nice 4 bed/2bath house in Cha-Am. Looking to have a live in nanny (6 days a week / 8am-8pm, 15-18,000 BAHT pm) to join us full time to help with the children, do outings (beach, waterpark, etc) together.

More of a mothers helper than a nanny as I'm around but need a second pair of hands to supervise the kids effectively on outings. Needs at least 2 years experience.
Sunshine2019
Novice
Novice

Post by Sunshine2019 »

is there really nothing anyone could recommend? No local job boards?!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Sunshine2019 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:49 pm is there really nothing anyone could recommend? No local job boards?!
Not being rude or a smart ass, but maybe you should take it on board that Thailand is nothing like where ever it is you come from.

For starters, domestic helpers in Thailand are called "maids". Doesn't really matter what qualifications they may have, and as my dear late Thai wife told me if I complained about a maid: "she would not be a maid is she was smart".

Secondly, 99% of girls that MAY be interested will ONLY speak Thai.

Thirdly, jobs like what you are asking are 99% of the time passed around by word of mouth, and that word will be in Thai.

Fourth, Facebook and such like reigns supreme, and again in the Thai language.

If you can find a Thai speaker to help you(your rental agent should be able to),then try posting on a couple of local social media sites. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Maybe try Hua Hin Ladies facebook group.
Sunshine2019
Novice
Novice

Post by Sunshine2019 »

Just following up, I did find someone within 30 mins of arriving, through word of mouth.

She is a great help, but if I was to do it again, I'd take the time to get an English speaker and if it has to be through an agency in Bangkok, so be it.

Having said that, she's doing a great job of teaching us Thai :)