Intestate Probate and Thai Will laws

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Intestate Probate and Thai Will laws

Post by Nereus »

You may have hit the nail on the head why it was rejected. A friend of mine died in 2005 and he'd made a holographic will. It was registered in a sealed envelope at the Amphur. His wife collected it taking along his death certificate. The executor and his wishes were in the hand written will and he executed it with no problems after a brief consultation with a lawyer.
In which case the information shown on the link is only part of it! May as well not be there!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Section 1660. Secret Will
A will may be made by a secret document, that is to say:

the testator must sign his name on the document;
he must close up the documents and sign his name on the document;
he must produce the closed document before the Kromakarn Amphoe (public officer) and at least two other persons as witnesses and declare to all of them that it contains his testamentary dispositions; and if the testator has not written with his own hand the whole text of the document he must state the name and domicile of the writer;
after the Kromakarn Amphoe has noted down upon the cover of the document the declaration of the testator and the date of the production and has affixed his seal thereupon, the Kromakarn Amphoe, the testator and the witness must sign their names thereon.
No erasure, addition or other alternation in such will is valid unless signed by the testator.
It may be that my friend made the above will. I don't see any difference between that and a holographic will. The only difference according to the above is that it is registered with the Amphoe which is what my friend had done.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ Another difference being the secret will can be written by other than the testator. This is not possible for the holographic will.