Who are the top 10 posters in HHforum?

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Who are the top 10 posters in HHforum?

Post by Lost »

My last post got me thinking,

We know the sacred few who have reached the 10,000 post mark. (Pete, Dtaai Maii and Steve G I think)

But who are the others who have contributed so much time. Mr.Plum would be up there if he wasn't a moron. (I still to this day believe Homer is Mr.Plum minus the hoity toity). Jockey. Sandman at 6000+ posts (may he rest in peace :wink: )

The mods can sort this top ten with a simple algorithm surely.

Randy Cornhole (top chap on the forum and real life)... there's another!

What's the top ten Lev? Let's have a trip down memory lane.

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Big Boy

Re: Who are the top 10 posters in HHforum?

Post by Big Boy »

That information is readily available to everybody. A riddle for you???? Click the Members button, then click the posts button at the top of the column.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:33 am That information is readily available to everybody. A riddle for you???? Click the Members button, then click the posts button at the top of the column.
Could you give an idiots guide as to where I find it?

F&%k me... you got 33k thousand posts. Bejeezus! I never really took notice. Knew you contributed a lot but didn't notice the count!

Is there 'Board God' setting 'cause you bloody deserve it!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Bottom right of main page.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:57 am Bottom right of main page.
Thanks BB. I would never have noticed that. I never scroll to the bottom of a web page. Read what's there then change the channel. Didn't realise there are options at the bottom.

These people are all board heroes.

1: BigBoy - 335689 posts
2: Pete - 22373 posts

B4 I continue with the last 8 just look at the figures of 1 and 2. Pete and BB, this forum owes a lot to you. Fair play.

3: Buksi - 171185
4; Steve G - 12287
5: HHFarang - 10255
6: Dtaai Maai - 10039
7: Lomu - 9506
8: Baa Baa (bless him) 8954
9: Richard (shine on you crazy diamond) 8802
10: Neurues - 7768. Surprised me too! (When one starts talking about how plumbing and air-con works, most people kinda drown the sound out. Didn't realise I'd drowned him out for 7000 posts)! :D

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I think you'll find that BB stands at 33 thousand, not 335 thousand...... :roll:
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

HHTel wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:59 am I think you'll find that BB stands at 33 thousand, not 335 thousand...... :roll:
Good spot. A number has been added somewhere. I see you to be climbing ranks too at 4k plus. Your HHTel Thai Visa number is not so charming but...

Ahh, let's give it a rest and b friends. Or, a Robin's Rest and be friends.

:rasta:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Lost wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:29 am
10: Nereus - 7768. Surprised me too! (When one starts talking about how plumbing and air-con works, most people kinda drown the sound out. Didn't realise I'd drowned him out for 7000 posts)!
:laugh: :laugh: Grossly unfair of course, but with a tiny grain of truth that makes it funny.

I'm more interested in knowing whose posts members enjoy/appreciate most rather than simple numbers. I see most new posts, with a few notable exceptions (Thai football, the weather, anything to do with pool maintenance), but there are some posters who pique my interest more than others. Those who know me might not be entirely surprised to learn that those are often posters whose views I disagree with...

I used to poopoo the idea of a like/dislike button, but I've changed my view on that. Alternatively, another forum I visit occasionally (much smaller, more serious and less active) has a 'thank' button.
This is the way
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

dtaai-maai wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:35 pm ... there are some posters who pique my interest more than others.
I'm just the same Dtaai Maai. There may be a thread sitting in my unread posts for a while, as it's not a topic that interests me, yet when I see that a particular poster (have a few that I really enjoy/hate reading) has posted, I will read it...

Not for the thread itself. Just interested in what that chap/chappess has to say today.

Edit: And regarding Nereus. He's obviously a very intelligent man who is passionate about his pipes and pumps. Apparently, there is a search party looking for him as we speak. Once the media got wind that there was a clever Australian about...
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

dtaai-maai wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:35 pm
I used to poopoo the idea of a like/dislike button, but I've changed my view on that. Alternatively, another forum I visit occasionally (much smaller, more serious and less active) has a 'thank' button.
I agree. A like, thanks or something similar would be a great addition imo. Something I pushed for a while back (those that can be bothered to search it will realise who I am).

On a side note Dtaai Maai, for 10 years your posts have always piqued my interest. Yes, we've butted heads a few times but your writing style is great. Your opinions delivered well. It's frustrating. :wink:

I feel, with you, I need to respond and fight my corner.

Other posts can be ignored quite easily.