Renewing Thai Passport in Bangkok

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
lomuamart

Renewing Thai Passport in Bangkok

Post by lomuamart »

Heading up to BKK in a couple of weeks to get a few jobs done one of which is to renew my wife's Thai passport (I know it could have been done in Prachuab a little while ago but this works for us).
Can someone confirm that we need to go to Chaeng Watthana Government Office and that she'll need her old passport and ID card? No need for tabien bahn?
Thanks.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Renewing Thai Passport in Bangkok

Post by HHTel »

We're actually off tomorrow to renew my daughter's Thai passport. My wife did hers a little while ago and although she took 'everything', all she was asked for was her ID card. No harm in taking more than is needed though.
We us the MFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) as it has ample parking and the service has proved to be quick and efficient.

Application instructions from their website:

The applicant must apply in person because the applicant’s biometric data has to be captured via the following steps:

Step 1

Take a queue
number

Present the valid Thai Citizenship I.D. Card with the 13-digit Personal Number to the Office’s receptionist. If there is no 13-digit Personal Number, bring the House Registration together with other official documents.
Take a queue number and fill in the applicant’s first name and last name in English together with date and place of birth and personal contact’s information.
Step 2

Capture the
applicant’s biodata

An Office’s authorized personnel measures the applicant’s height, captures the applicant’s biometric data via taking the applicant’s picture and fingerprints (print right and left index fingers separately twice
using a scanner).
Verify and sign to certify the applicant’s information.
Apply for postage service ( see e-Passport Pick-up)
Step 3

Applicant fee
payment

Pay application fee and postage service fee.
Obtain receipt and notification of the e-Passport pick-up date or notification of postage service.