American Sports Page

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
PeteC

Re: American Sports Page

Post by PeteC »

php0ST7zsPM.jpg
php0ST7zsPM.jpg (26.39 KiB) Viewed 291 times

https://www.google.com/search?gl=us&hl= ... #gws_rd=cr

Highlight video at the link
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Well OK.... The following is UK Time obviously, but is this KO or simply waiting a few hours for things to begin? The "Event" itself goes on and on.... But for how long? :roll:
SBOWL.png
SBOWL.png (49.14 KiB) Viewed 246 times
Sorry PeteC et al., just extracting a little urine :oops: Has to be said though, I'm quite interested to watch but don't think I could handle the long hours or necessarily the "Half Time Show". It's a huge event in the US worth millions if not Billions. Christ, I have just seen on the BBC that a 30 second Advertising segment is £7 Million!! :shock:

Anywho... Back to the real question, what time is the actual kick-off rather than the show? How long is this likely to last (game only, well I guess HT)?

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

"What time does the Super Bowl start UK?

11.30pm

Coverage starts at 10pm (UK time), with kick-off in the big game at 11.30pm. If you're up late and on the move, you can also watch the show with Sky Go - online or on NOW TV, with the Sky Sports Day Pass."

Full time estimate is 3-4 hours, and about 40 minutes will indeed be the halftime show, most of which is set up and take down. The actual entertainment is only about 15 minutes.

Here in Thailand kickoff is at 0630 hours, Monday morning.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

phpPy7IFpPM.jpg
phpPy7IFpPM.jpg (19.29 KiB) Viewed 206 times

https://stories.dazn.com/en-global/2532 ... lobal.html. (Highlight video)

That's a wrap for another season folks. :cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

I must be missing the point here if indeed there even is one. It truly is more Pantomime than Sports - the "Hell Yeah!", "This is what Hockey's all about", "USA,USA,USA...." comments bouncing around the Arena (and of course X) just add to the farce.... I mean seriously, it was fun in the movies 50 odd years ago with the likes of "Slap Shot", but this is cringeworthy cr@p to be fair.... :roll:

"A mass brawl between New York Rangers and New Jersey Devils players broke out just two seconds into their game at Madison Square Garden on Wednesday night.

Straight after the puck drop in New York, boisterous Rangers rookie Matt Rempe and Devils defenseman Kurtis MacDermid dropped their gloves and began exchanging fists.

All 10 players eventually got involved in the scrap, but the main event was between Rempe and MacDermid - who have history from the previous time the Devils visited the Rangers on March 11.

That night, Kempe refused MacDermid's offer to fight early in the game. Later in the contest, Rempe knocked Devils defenseman Jonas Siegenthaler out of the game with a high elbow and was subsequently suspended for four games.

Rempe and MacDermid fought the longest on Wednesday as their tussle continued at center ice after the other four fights had ended. Four players from each team received game misconducts 2 seconds into the game."

Apologies - I may of course just have missed my meds this morning and simply having a relapse with regards to the grumpy-old-fart syndrome..... :roll: :(
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

There's a fight in every ice hockey game played. Mostly minor and lasts 30 seconds. Blame the Canadians, they started it all. :laugh:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

PeteC wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:13 pm There's a fight in every ice hockey game played. Mostly minor and lasts 30 seconds. Blame the Canadians, they started it all. :laugh:
Well, a slap or two after being steamrolled into the hoardings fair enough, but the whole Pantomime of throwing your gloves to the ice and dancing around just 2 seconds after the puck has been dropped is a tad ridiculous - more so when when one of the guys had his visor down for the duration! :thumb: :mrgreen: :laugh:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

It was probably planned beforehand due to bad blood between the teams and/or certain players. These guys all have dentures from teeth getting knocked out, and if they smile without them, it looks like a lineup of Halloween jack'o lanterns! :laugh:

There's some dirty characters in the sport though. I think one has been charged with manslaughter and in jail with that throat cutting high skate In the UK, in January. :cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

PeteC wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:58 pm There's some dirty characters in the sport though. I think one has been charged with manslaughter and in jail with that throat cutting high skate In the UK, in January. :cheers:
Yes, that was on somewhat of a different level. Hope he goes down for a long time....