Tops Supermarket in Hua Hin?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Tops Supermarket in Hua Hin?

Post by handdrummer »

caller wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:36 pm Resurrecting an old thread!

TOPS still disappoints compared to their range of farang foods in Bangkok, including Stobbarts Pork Pies. And when I went there yesterday,they were out of stock of Waitrose Bran Flakes, which was annoying, but this post is mainly to do with whats outside the store.

In the front car park, on Petch Road, they have built a new wine store in a separate building. Not sure how long it has been there, but it's a big change to them not selling alcohol at all, because of the proximity of the school. I noticed it's open from 10 - 10, but I assume they can't sell alcohol for all those hours. But as TOPS is owned by one of the 'elite' families, who knows?

Inside the main store, the electircal equipment has now been shunted into half of the the space it used to occupy at the back of the store. It seems the rest, towards the front, will be a mish-mash of household stuff, toys and whatever. New shelving is up and pretty full of stuff, but wasn't accessible when I was there.
Sounds like a mini-mall mart. The last time I was there was about 8 months ago and the food selection was, at best, mediocre and expensive.
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Post by wenshidi »

I stopped shopping there when they stopped stocking Old Town Coffee. That was a shame because it was the only place in town that sold it.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Always have issues at checkout here

1. 4 tills 'open' but only 1 is staffed. Queues form and I have to go and get other lazy ignorant staff to come and help out, often losing my spot in the queue as a result! It's obvious by the number of customers in store that people are coming to the till soon so just stay there. (Blind leading the blind!)

2. People trying to pay with bank apps and simply not having a clue how to do it, holding up other customers for ten mins +. But then the equally ignorant shop staff a) don't have the required skills to fix the issue as either untrained or just can't remember the training and b) show 'endless' patience with them instead of asking them to '' please step aside while I serve these waiting customers and then we will sort out your payment issue, thank you"

These types of experiences are not limited to Tops Supermarket by any means.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk