Custom Villa projects

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Property
Mandy with cats
Novice
Novice

Custom Villa projects

Post by Mandy with cats » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:05 pm

Hi, my family is relocating to HH next year and we would like to build a custom villa. Is there any on going custom villa development with land plots still available and the location is within 15 minutes drive to HALIO international school or Beaconhouse Yamsaard School?Any tips will be helpful, TIA!

PET
Ace
Ace

Re: Custom Villa projects

Post by PET » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:13 am

The answer is PLENTY PLENTY - but you must come and look for yourself as the location choices are very varied.
VERAX - What matters in life is not where you are from but where you are going.

Mandy with cats
Novice
Novice

Post by Mandy with cats » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:42 pm

it is very common that the developments here can build custom design villa as requested? or should i buy am empty land plot and hire a builder to do it?

PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:07 pm

Hi Mandy,
I think it kind of depends what you mean by 'custom' - the majority of developments will sell you a plot, and then you must sign a construction agreement with them to build the villa (not your own outside contractor). They will mostly have a handful of designs and allow you limited input on the layout (but quite a lot with the finishing). They would want to get at least as much profit as they would on one of their standard designs.
I know a developer in soi 112 (would be 15 minutes to Yamsaard School, not sure about Halio) who would do a custom design on one of his plots, but a few stipulations to it, for example, a 550 sqm plot must have a minimum 180 sqm house, a double plot of 1100 sqm must have at least a 360 sqm house, etc.
Usually for a custom villa I think people would buy a private plot outside of a development. There are lots of + and - to that.
Hope this info helps, PB

hin

Post by hin » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:02 pm

Soi 112, Dusita 1, buy an empty plot and choose whoever you like to build your house. Most of the empty plots there are privately owned by people who bought them years ago then had change of plans. Or buy a small house on a large plot at less than ฿3,000,000 then enlarge and alter it to suit your ideas, which has happened frequently

hin

Post by hin » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:12 pm

We do not know what sort of house, development or plot the OP in interested in but also can chek out the large plots in the development straight across Soi 112 from Dusita 1, on the soi that leads to Electric Mango. It seems to accept that people like to build to suit their own interests

Mandy with cats
Novice
Novice

Post by Mandy with cats » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:17 pm

thanks for the ideas, ,because last time i been to HH was 10 years ago, so sounds like i can just drive around and will be able to find lots of new developments now :)