small sailing boats for hire

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
rosievictoria

Post by rosievictoria »

Can anyone help.
I wish to hire a small sailing boat(at least 2 or 3 person size).
Something like a Pacer or Laser.
I am told that the Hyatt hires them but I'm sure you would have to be a guest of the hotel.
Any ideas please

Many thanks
rosievictoria
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Hua Hin seems sadly lacking in the small sailing craft department? I wonder why.
There must be a business idea in there somewhere.... :idea:
www.35mmview.com
rosievictoria

Post by rosievictoria »

Hi Randy Cornhole
You are so right it is a business wanting to happen.
We have looked for seven years for somewhere to hire one. The water is perfect and sail boats are much more fun than windsurfers.

rosievictoria
layman
Amateur
Amateur

Post by layman »

I've lived here for 2 years and the lack of any sailing opportunities has been such a source of frustration for me that I have started to build my own boats. I have nearly finished the first effort, just a little rowing dinghy, and will soon be starting on the next project (s) - an 11ft sailing dinghy, a 14ft kayak type beach boat and a 16ft sailing skiff.
My finishing is not that professional yet, but if anyone is interested I would be happy to share what I have learned along the way so far, and maybe share tools and building space if they are a problem to any other potential builder.
I too have sensed a business opportunity in this area, and might be tempted into a partnership of some kind. One could start with forming a sailing club, I guess, and take it from there.
Any ideas?
Deek
There is a crack in everything
It's how the light gets in.
-L. Cohen