Bat Cave near Cha Am

Cha-Am, Tha-Yang, Kaeng Krachan, and Petchaburi. Discussion on areas north of Hua Hin.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Bat Cave near Cha-Am.

Post by HHTel »

Took some visitors to see the 'bat exodus' from their cave near Cha-Am on Saturday. I remember BB went some years ago but I can't find the thread from that time. Apparently it was quite difficult to find at the time. I used Google maps with the search criteria "Bat cave viewpoint' and it worked out 100%. There's a family who have set up a viewing platform complete with loungers and chairs. An added bonus is they will sell you a beer while you're waiting. The bats come out after sunset at around 6pm. I've seen several videos of the phenomenon but it's much more impressive at first hand. The whole 'exit' lasts for around 15 - 20 mins. There are millions of them and they resemble 'smoke trails' as they leave the mountain.
The viewing point is excellent. Posted as 'free' but the resident family like a 'donation' of 20 bt a head. Well worth a visit.
Big Boy

Re: Bat Cave near Cha Am

Post by Big Boy »

I've merged the 2 threads.

Yes, I went back there with a visitor about 2 months ago. The dirt track I drove across the field is now a road, and it was simple to find. The thing that shook me a bit though is the road runs alongside a river.canal. If that was there when I drove my car through the field at night, how close did I come to going swimming?
There's a family who have set up a viewing platform complete with loungers and chairs.
That is what I thought the first time I went. Last time, I scanned the bar code on the viewing platform. A very informative message is returned, The key part of the message talks about how the facility has been entirely funded by the Government to provide FREE viewing.

We still paid the 20฿ as per the family's sign. Just an example of Thai entrepreneurs :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Bat Cave near Cha Am

Post by HHTel »

Thanks for the merge, BB.