Online Ordering - a sign of the times?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Big Boy

Re: Online Ordering - a sign of the times?

Post by Big Boy »

I've also noticed spurious, maybe automated, messages getting into the tracking sequence recently - both Lazada and Ali.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Mrs buksi, being the professional shopper that she is, has told me that a site called Shopee often beats Lazada for prices, next day delivery too.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you - I'll investigate. Anything that keeps me physically out of shops.

Points 48; Position 20
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Does someone know the procedure for contacting Lazada when there's a problem. I have 2 issues: last month they told me that 2 items were out of stock and that I would get a refund, but so far I haven't received it. Secondly, in a recent order they sent me the wrong product. I replied to their delivery notification email telling them this but have not received any response.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

barrys wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:41 pm Does someone know the procedure for contacting Lazada when there's a problem. I have 2 issues: last month they told me that 2 items were out of stock and that I would get a refund, but so far I haven't received it. Secondly, in a recent order they sent me the wrong product. I replied to their delivery notification email telling them this but have not received any response.
Go on the tab "customer care" and choose what is suitable, I never had any problem with them, just make sure you give them all the details of your order number, date etc... they answer quite quickly
Also you can go on the tab "manage my order" and let them know you wish to return the product, after that you choose the reason of returning which in your case is "wrong product", returning is free of charge
Best of luck
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Lazada becoming unresponsive

Post by T.I.G.R. »

Lately I've noticed a disturbing trend. I've had several orders for phones, printer supplies and things that get cancelled or refunded instead of delivered. I'm now waiting on the third phone I've ordered since the end of December (same phone, just never gets delivered). I was just notified yesterday that two large printer cartridges I ordered a few days ago (and paid for at 7-11) were refunded. Also, more disturbing, My two American credit cards and PayPal from America were unceremoniously dumped as viable payment methods last week. I'm only now able to pay at stores or at the bank and ATMs......Customer service replies or chats just don't get responded to.....

So, is anyone else seeing these problems?
buksida

Post by buksida »

Nope, never had issue with Lazada, our household uses it almost weekly and deliveries are within a couple of days all the way down here in bangsaphan.

I did notice they dropped Paypal though, probably due to their outrageous charges for everything, I now use the K-bank web card which works perfectly, as does cash on delivery.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Only ever had one cancellation (quite some time ago). We must average 8 orders per month. We primarily use COD, but pay at 7-11 when not available.

Points 48; Position 20
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I don't use them all that much, but never had a problem. BUT, I will not order anything that is listed as "ships from overseas", and only use COD for anything.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:50 am Thank you - I'll investigate. Anything that keeps me physically out of shops.
Is exactly the gung-ho attitude crippling the British high street.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

We can't affect the British High Street. Online shopping in Thailand doesn't seem to have affected the big shopping centres here......... well, not yet!
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

HHTel wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:20 pm We can't affect the British High Street. Online shopping in Thailand doesn't seem to have affected the big shopping centres here......... well, not yet!
Thailand is always gonna have the malls. They are unique in the fact, a day out to the mall here is similar to a day out to the zoo. Most malls here have arcades, fairground rides, swimming pools and, yup, Zoos on one of their floors.

Thailand does shopping malls a hell of a lot better than England does. Whitewash.

That said, I'll never condone online sales. These folk don't pay overheads (or tax) hence are able to undercut shops. Much like Uber.

:cheers:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I and my family use online shopping quite extensively. It's not just about price. Rather than search various shops for an item I want, it's convenient to sit at your keyboard and find the item in minutes. Makes a lot of sense.

I've spent hours shopping for things and often never found what I've wanted. Whether you condone it or not, online shopping is the way of the future.

And as well as private retailers, these businesses do have warehouses (overheads) and staff and do pay taxes etc. Lazada, for example, have over 5,000 employees.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

HHTel wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:35 pm
And as well as private retailers, these businesses do have warehouses (overheads) and staff and do pay taxes etc. Lazada, for example, have over 5,000 employees.
Educate yourself about the taxes they are paying. Simple search, look at Amazon's net profit in UK sales 2018. Then look at the tax they paid (it's 0.62%). Lazada is the same. Alibaba is the same. The head of each company is the richest in the world. Because they pay feck all tax and no overheads.

(Ol' Bozo won't be richest man anymore as he'll have to give half his 140 billion wealth to his wife for screwing some married slut. Deserves everything coming to him the piece of shit)

They (these online companies) have been taking the piss for a while now but 'hopefully' it's gonna get clamped down on. It's beginning to.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Lazada pay taxes in each country they are registered in. The law was changed in Thailand with rules for 3-commerce companies. The same in all the other countries where they operate. You can check it out.

No overheads? Look at this video of a Lazada warehouse in Thailand: