New Hua Hin Immigration office at Bluport

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
PeteC

Re: New Hua Hin Immigration office at Bluport

Post by PeteC »

lomuamart wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:22 am My understanding is that extensions have to be done in person (as opposed to 90 day reports). However, that doesn't explain the use of agents.
It's my experience that regardless of the photo you paste to the back of the application form, a photo must be taken by immigration as well when they process an extension. That photo apparently goes directly into your file on their database.

If that requirement is in practice everywhere, the applicant would have to be there. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

When I went for my extension Oct. 3rd. I brought 2 photos, one was returned and the officer took a photo of me there.
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

Wow ! Just walked past bluport immigration and counted over 25 people (some outside as packed inside) . Looks like only 2 counters manned (which normally is more then enough).

Must be high season :-)
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

I hate this place, went once and never again. All those holidaymakers invading this place. Very uncomfortable seats, 19 Rai much better.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Am I the only lucky one? Each time I've been there for my 90 days, it's taken me longer to walk to the office than to process my report. Never been more than 5 mins and usually even less than that.
Last one was in November and walked through the door straight to a desk. Didn't even have time to sit down!!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

fft100 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:10 pm Wow ! Just walked past bluport immigration and counted over 25 people (some outside as packed inside) . Looks like only 2 counters manned (which normally is more then enough).

Must be high season :-)
You can just take your Q-ticket. Go shopping, have a coffee and you can check the queue status on your phone.
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

I knew that 90 day reporting was paper free, but didn't realize til.today that re-entry was also paper free. Went in looking for form tm8. No forms. Told no form needed, and they could do it then and there. No paperwork, no photos, only my passport needed. 5 minutes for them to ask me where I was going and how long, for them to take photo, for them to do photocopy and 5 minutes to get my passport back. Permit valid until Jan 2020 (!) So no time limit on it.

Excellent service.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

fft100 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:24 pm I knew that 90 day reporting was paper free, but didn't realize til.today that re-entry was also paper free. Went in looking for form tm8. No forms. Told no form needed, and they could do it then and there. No paperwork, no photos, only my passport needed. 5 minutes for them to ask me where I was going and how long, for them to take photo, for them to do photocopy and 5 minutes to get my passport back. Permit valid until Jan 2020 (!) So no time limit on it.

Excellent service.
Very surprising. I was at the new office mid february for re-entry.
As usual copy of passport, form and a photo.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

fft100 wrote: Permit valid until Jan 2020 (!) So no time limit on it.
Time limit should be until your visa / permission to stay date. If your extension was recent(January), then that is correct.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!