Pies in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Big Boy

Re: Pies in Hua Hin

Post by Big Boy »

I noticed she was offering her pies for take-away, so tried to order by either Food Panda or Grab (don't remember which one she uses). Disappointingly, her pies were not a home-delivery option.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

i have had a look back here a fair bit......what is AP or A&P?
TIA
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

thecolonel wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:38 pm i have had a look back here a fair bit......what is AP or A&P?
TIA
AP Interfoods? Not too far from HH Hospital on the Klong road.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Dannie Boy wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:38 pm i have had a look back here a fair bit......what is AP or A&P?
TIA
AP Interfoods? Not too far from HH Hospital on the Klong road.
Just south of the lights at Smorphrong (bridge 8 ).
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

thecolonel wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:48 pm Nits on Soi 102 now offering pies for take away or eat in

100 baht for take away
I'm Billy No Mates this evening, eating alone. The perfect opportunity to test a Nits pie. First disappointment was they were frozen. I had it in my mind that because she had them as an eat-in item, they would be fresh. Of course, logic dictates they would be frozen. No problem, I'd purchased my beef & mushroom pie in ample time for it to thaw naturally.

The very well loaded pie turned out to be as good as any I've tasted in Hua Hin. I'm not sure how it compares price wise, but a very good pie.

Points 48; Position 20
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Big Boy wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:48 pm Nits on Soi 102 now offering pies for take away or eat in

100 baht for take away
I'm Billy No Mates this evening, eating alone. The perfect opportunity to test a Nits pie. First disappointment was they were frozen. I had it in my mind that because she had them as an eat-in item, they would be fresh. Of course, logic dictates they would be frozen. No problem, I'd purchased my beef & mushroom pie in ample time for it to thaw naturally.

The very well loaded pie turned out to be as good as any I've tasted in Hua Hin. I'm not sure how it compares price wise, but a very good pie.
Good news! Not tried mine yet....

Which begs the question.... What do you ear your pies with?

Today I got 4 separate portions of mash(freezeable) from Nit to eat with my pie, which will also be accompanied by some baked beans.

Heaven!

Ps beans or peas is another debate and ideally gravy too

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

thecolonel wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:35 am
Big Boy wrote:

100 baht for take away

Today I got 4 separate portions of mash(freezeable) from Nit to eat with my pie, which will also be accompanied by some baked beans.

Heaven!

I like to be controversial so whilst I can understand a pie going well with mash and baked beans, personally I prefer them with a selection of vegetables and gravy - in my view only a heathen would have a pie with baked beans and gravy!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Last night's pie was chips (home cut of course) for ease. Normally, it would have been either mash and baked beans or mash and broccoli with gravy.

Pork pie has to be mushy peas.

Points 48; Position 20
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Dannie Boy wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:35 am
Big Boy wrote: I'm Billy No Mates this evening, eating alone. The perfect opportunity to test a Nits pie. First disappointment was they were frozen. I had it in my mind that because she had them as an eat-in item, they would be fresh. Of course, logic dictates they would be frozen. No problem, I'd purchased my beef & mushroom pie in ample time for it to thaw naturally.

Heaven!

I like to be controversial so whilst I can understand a pie going well with mash and baked beans, personally I prefer them with a selection of vegetables and gravy - in my view only a heathen would have a pie with baked beans and gravy!!
First things first, I am a heathen, in the true sense of the word, correct! In many things in life not just food preferences. I don't typically take the popular view, be it religious beliefs(er none thanks, root of all evil), political, sport etc

However I suspect you meant it in the uncivilised sense.

But if not, your post struck me as somewhat contradictory. You state you like to be controversial and then label me a heathen for not following convention.

Anyway moving on, can honestly say that whilst I've never actually heard of pork pies with mushy peas, that said it sounds quite tasty!

As re pork pies I am conventional in the sense that I like them with English mustard but I do like rather a lot of it!

Last edited by thecolonel on Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

thecolonel wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:43 am Anyway moving on, can honestly say that whilst I've never actually heard of pork pies with mushy peas, that said it sounds quite tasty!
I worked in the North East of England for 8 years. Their (pork) Pie & (mushy) Peas evenings are famous. I went to some quite prestigious events whist living there where the food was Pie & Peas. I'm sure if JW was still with us on the forum, he'd romance about Pie and Peas. Any other Geordies (sorry JW :D) here?

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Never heard of pork pies with mushy peas or anything else. I'm with colonel on this. Pork pies, cold with lashings of English mustard.

Other pies I eat depending upon my mood.
With gravy and mash.
With gravy and sprouts or peas.
Smothered in baked beans.
Smothered with mushy peas.

I'm from 'up north' and our clubs had pie and mushy peas nights. But not pork pies.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Up North does not qualify you as a proper Geordie. Hull is just another dirty Southern town :run:

You're just a wannabe Geordie :laugh:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Points 48; Position 20
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

HHTel wrote:Never heard of pork pies with mushy peas or anything else. I'm with colonel on this. Pork pies, cold with lashings of English mustard.

Other pies I eat depending upon my mood.
With gravy and mash.
With gravy and sprouts or peas.
Smothered in baked beans.
Smothered with mushy peas.

I'm from 'up north' and our clubs had pie and mushy peas nights. But not pork pies.
Yes, refrigerated pork pies seem to taste even better with English mustard than room temperature ones somehow

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

thecolonel wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:43 am
Dannie Boy wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:35 am Good news! Not tried mine yet....

Heaven!

First things first, I am a heathen, in the true sense of the word, correct! In many things in life not just food preferences. I don't typically take the popular view, be it religious beliefs(er none thanks, root of all evil), political, sport etc

However I suspect you meant it in the uncivilised sense.

But if not, your post struck me as somewhat contradictory. You state you like to be controversial and then label me a heathen for not following convention.

Anyway moving on, can honestly say that whilst I've never actually heard of pork pies with mushy peas, that said it sounds quite tasty!

As re pork pies I am conventional in the sense that I like them with English mustard but I do like rather a lot of it!

I think sometimes you take me too literally plus maybe I am sometimes grammatically incorrect, but let’s not dwell on such minor issues.

My view is that pie and baked beans is fine,
Pie with veg and gravy is also fine,
Pork Pie (preferably cold from the fridge) with mustard, HP Brown sauce, or any salad accompaniment is also fine.
But, pie with Baked Beans and gravy is a no-no
as is Pork pie with mushy peas.

But that just goes to show that within a relatively small island like the UK, there are wide discrepancies on what to eat with what - I guess life would be very boring if we were all the same!!! :cheers: