Second hand car inspection

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
cozza
Professional
Professional

Second hand car inspection

Post by cozza »

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a shop or call out service for someone to do an inspection and check the body on a second hand car before purchase?

Thanks!
Farang
Ace
Ace

Re: Second hand car inspection

Post by Farang »

Gentlemen at the soi 50 garage did it for me. They lifted the car up, checked the chassis and other things and eye-balled the car all over. This all for a very modest fee.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
cozza
Professional
Professional

Post by cozza »

In your opinion and from what you saw would you say they should know if the cars been in a bad crash?

Thanks!
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

I'm assuming you're in the process of buying a secondhand vehicle. How strict is your criteria for the inspection? If it's just a cursory inspection for the road tax disc then any approved center can do this but it's really quite superficial. A more expensive (but comprehensive ) inspection would entail a trip to Bangkok. There is a company that inspects and certifies vehicle condition - they also have a dyno to check your engine specs. The company's website is testcar.co.th and is in English.
The other thing I would do is see if your potential purchase has a service record at a dealership so you have an idea of the history.
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

L Garage
Across from Palace
Just past Soi 42 on left side heading North
Khun Pichai
Highly recomend him
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
cozza
Professional
Professional

Post by cozza »

Thanks for the replies!

Yea I am thinking of buying a second hand car here but I cannot find anywhere that will come out and look at the car with me, I will have to go there. Hopefully the driver lets me take the car for a drive :)