Looking for an Upholsterer

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
TonyB
Rookie
Rookie

Looking for an Upholsterer

Post by TonyB »

Need a few things upholstering,

an 8 foot 3 piece sofa,
cushion for papasan round chair,
swivel desk chair,
a director's chair, canvas
the two seats in the Jeep, rats got them
a retro 60's chair
an carved occasional chair

anywhere Cha-Am/Hua Hin

margaretcarnes mentioned a Brit upholsterer in Nong Khai but I don't have PM privileges being a newbie on the forum.

Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks.
gerpies
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Looking for an Upholsterer

Post by gerpies »

There's a good outfit just north of Cha am. Had a car done there in leather (seats and door trim) for about 12k from memory (2 yrs ago). Very good quality leather and workmanship. I remember the person that recommended them said that many of the local car dealerships use these guys but whack on a 70-100% mark up. Think they also do furniture.

Heading north on Phetkasem it's about 3-5kms past the main intersection in Cha am. They are set up in a cpl of shophouses on your right heading north. Can't remember exactly where but it's in this general area. It is a long row of quite old shophouses. Most in the road seem abandoned.

Maybe somebody else know's these guys and has a number?
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

When I was there I found a lady in Soi 88. She does dressmaking but may help or put you in the right direction. She is on the left going up after crossing the railway, or was there.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

There are a couple on the Railway Road between Soi 88 and Soi 70 - quite easy to spot them. I can't recommend them because I've never had to use them.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Also just before Big C on the left going out of town on Pala u rd. Highly recommended, did car seat for B1500 and looks better than new.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
TonyB
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TonyB »

Thanks to all I'll go by and check them out. Let you know.