Hua Hin Restaurant News

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Re: Hua Hin Restaurant News

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Kwality Indian Restaurant has moved from its old location off Soi 94 to Soi 102, diagonally opposite Euro Deli.

I hadn't eaten at the old one before but we ate at the new one the other night and I found it to be very good. The owner also told us he has dropped his prices since moving to the new location.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Enquiry about food quality moved here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24605&p=526364#p526364
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

GroveHillWanderer wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:17 pm Kwality Indian Restaurant has moved from its old location off Soi 94 to Soi 102, diagonally opposite Euro Deli.
Ooh, that's good news for me. I have never heard of the restaurant, but that's just a short detour for me when heading home. I will definitely be trying it out asap. Thanks for the heads up! :thumb:
Talk is cheap
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Oy’s Restaurant...used to be kitty corner and across the tracks from Bahn Koon Por. I used to love the giant pork chop and potatoes au gratin there. He vacated the building during the second shutdown and I’m unable to find a new location for him. Does anyone know of a new location, or if it did close permanently?
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Double Kiss, closed until further notice. Personal problems cited. No other details given. I rolled by there today and confirmed they are shuttered.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I heard last night whilst playing a league game that it was closed from yesterday. The general feeling was that it's not a permanent closure.
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Hangtime Lounge, on Soi 51, will close its doors forever on May 27th, per a FB video posted this morning by its owner, Flo. You have a little over a week to get on down and have one of the best burgers in Hua Hin.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Tamarind Market re-opens on 24 Sept. Opening times will be:

7am until 2pm
5pm until whatever time is allowed.

Points 48; Position 20
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Mr. Beam Pizza on Soi 88, loved that place, but it had been closed lately. Word I got was that it was only temporary. I would drive by occasionally, in hopes of finding them open again, but no dice. Today I drove by and the signs had been taken down and it was locked up. Guess that’s it for Mr. Beam. Great pizza and they will be missed.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Jack_Batty wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:20 pm Mr. Beam Pizza on Soi 88, loved that place, but it had been closed lately. Word I got was that it was only temporary. I would drive by occasionally, in hopes of finding them open again, but no dice. Today I drove by and the signs had been taken down and it was locked up. Guess that’s it for Mr. Beam. Great pizza and they will be missed.
As an alternative try Pizza Dore in Kao Takiab. A wood-fired oven and the chef is from a large hotel in Bangkok. All their food is excellent. Indoor and outdoor dining.
I think they have a web page or Facebook page with their menu.
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

handdrummer wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:46 pm
Jack_Batty wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:20 pm Mr. Beam Pizza on Soi 88, loved that place, but it had been closed lately. Word I got was that it was only temporary. I would drive by occasionally, in hopes of finding them open again, but no dice. Today I drove by and the signs had been taken down and it was locked up. Guess that’s it for Mr. Beam. Great pizza and they will be missed.
As an alternative try Pizza Dore in Kao Takiab. A wood-fired oven and the chef is from a large hotel in Bangkok. All their food is excellent. Indoor and outdoor dining.
I’m always on the lookout for great pizza. I will check them out. Thank you.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Jack_Batty wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:05 pm
handdrummer wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:46 pm
I’m always on the lookout for great pizza. I will check them out. Thank you.
Their facebook page says permanently closed
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

I ate there on Dec. 18.

Try calling them: 091-812-1930
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

migrant wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:09 pm Their facebook page says permanently closed
That became a feature of Facebook after a recent security breach. Easily remedied if the establishment knows it's happened.

Points 48; Position 20
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:08 pm
migrant wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:09 pm Their facebook page says permanently closed
That became a feature of Facebook after a recent security breach. Easily remedied if the establishment knows it's happened.
Thanks, didn't know that :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.