Hua Hin Harley free zone

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Hobiecat
Professional
Professional

Hua Hin Harley free zone

Post by Hobiecat »

Well the days of old Hua Hin are over, a quiet sleepy little fishing village as I remember pushed aside by modernization and yes the dam Harley's have arrived. :guns: Pretty much the only good thing I can imagine soi dog's coming in handy for. :wink: :duck:
Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is 'after light'?
JeffS
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Harley free zone

Post by JeffS »

Most are just bikie wannabe's. I'm sure Mister Harley and Mister Davidson had the small sois' of Bintabaht etc in mind for riding their magnificent machines on!
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I'd rather have a free Harley zone.
This is the way
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

dtaai-maai wrote:I'd rather have a free Harley zone.
I think you can find one here ;kaeng Krachan racing circuit. :wink: :wink:

:cheers: :cheers:
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

dtaai-maai wrote:I'd rather have a free Harley zone.

I agree, and I think Harley's are absolutely beautiful bikes but what gets me is the Swedish/Norwegian guy that drives down Binterbaht with the loudest GOD DAMN pipes you can put on a bike. Then of course he HAS TO FRIGGIN rev it when he is right in the middle of the street because everyone MUST look at him... me me me me...It's just pathetic. Talk about making up for areas he is obviously lacking in.. Isn't there a Thai law about sound pollution?

I can't help but think of South Park whenever I hear exhausts like that. Funniest episode ever for me!!
Attachments
South_Park_Harleys.jpg
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

jumusman wrote:what gets me is the Swedish/Norwegian guy that drives down Binterbaht with the loudest GOD DAMN pipes you can put on a bike. Then of course he HAS TO FRIGGIN rev it when he is right in the middle of the street because everyone MUST look at him... me me me me...It's just pathetic.
Maybe he's the guy Sarge is looking for
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Hua Hin Harley free zone

Post by richard »

On the farm lived a chicken and a horse, both of whom loved to play together.
One day the two were playing, when the horse fell into a bog and began to sink.

Scared for his life, the horse whinnied for the chicken to go get the farmer for help!
Off the chicken ran, back to the farm. Arriving at the farm, he searched and searched for the farmer, but to no avail, for he had gone to town with the only tractor.

Running around, the chicken spied the farmer's new Harley.

Finding the keys in the ignition, the chicken sped off with a length of rope hoping he still had time to save his friend's life.

Back at the bog, the horse was surprised, but happy, to see the chicken arrive on the shiny Harley, and he managed to get a hold of the loop of rope the chicken tossed to him.
After tying the other end to the rear of the farmer's bike, the chicken then drove slowly forward and, with the aid of the powerful bike, rescued the horse!
Happy and proud, the chicken rode the Harley back to the farmhouse, and the farmer was none the wiser when he returned.

The friendship between the two animals was cemented: Best buddies, best pals.
A few weeks later, the chicken fell into a mud pit, and soon, he too, began to sink and cried out to the horse to save his life!
The horse thought a moment, walked over, and straddled the large puddle.

Looking underneath, he told the chicken to grab his hangy-down thingy and he would then lift him out of the pit.

The chicken got a good grip, and the horse pulled him up and out, saving his life.

The moral of the story?
(Yep. You betcha. There is a moral!)

'When you're hung like a horse, you don't need a Harley to pick up chicks!
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

^ :laugh:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Ha-Haa...I'm loving this thread..One of my pet-hates here in HH.
I've owned big bikes in the past, been to many of the major summer gigs in the UK, (even picked up trophies when my bike was part of the 'bike-show').
But even tho' these big events were hosted by the H.A. or the 'Outlaws' (2 main players)...
...I have always thought ALL these Harley riders REALLY do think they are special, & acting like
prats seems 2nd nature to them. :banghead:
I'm of the same opinion in regards these guys just HAVE to make a noisy entrance or exit..do they
ever consider what most folk within earshot think of them.. :guns: :cuss:
Yes an ex-factory H.D. is a noisy bike, but then on go the straight-thru' pipes, followed by our 'Hero'
on the seat...rant over..except to express to all these Harley owners
that the bar-girls may jump up & down with glee as you
'perform', but think how many local Thais you're pi****g-off at the same time.. (they won't forget you).. :tsk:.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Its not just farangs that ride Harleys plenty of Thais are into them too ...

Personally I'd rather listen to the growl of a big bike going past than watch a badly driven or double parked SUV which IMO is a greater scourge to the streets of Hua Hin.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

OK I confess, I'm migrant, and I'm a , ah , urm harley owner :oops:

I do keep my exhaust baffled and don't think I'm gods gift to bikers, women, and garages, I just like the history, dependability, and comfort of my "Fat Boy"

I've had lots of bikes and enjoy this one hands down the best :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

we all like to show off a little when we get a little power under our arse........ but I've seen this guy on his Hardley ride down Bintabaht and he's just an obnoxious d*ck!
Get rid of him and keep the Hardleys where they belong - on show by the side of the road polished to perfection....
GN.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Its not just farangs that ride Harleys plenty of Thais are into them too ...
Is there actually some sort of law that says wherever in the world you drive a Harley, you have to dress like one of the Village People?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Some dress like 'em but they haven't got a Harley
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

richard wrote:Some dress like 'em but they haven't got a Harley
I know people who I have a vague suspicion spent £20,000 on a motorbike just to give them a reason to go out wearing tight leather trousers!