'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: 'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Post by Dannie Boy »

It wouldn’t do to make life easy for us - make a change, get everyone used to it then make another change and the merry go round continues!!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

huahin4ever wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:43 pm You are right BB. I use this method but new for me this year was that the Imm. Officer also wanted a copy of the native document(s) used for obtaining the letter from my Embassy. This is a first for me since previously they only needed the letter from the Embassy. Always small changes every year. :shock: :? :cry:
Personally, I am pleased I no longer have to reply on the Embassy to provide documentation. Its a much quicker and easier process to just get the data needed from your bank and be done with it. Easier for the immigration officers as well.
Talk is cheap
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

caller wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:20 pm
huahin4ever wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:43 pm You are right BB. I use this method but new for me this year was that the Imm. Officer also wanted a copy of the native document(s) used for obtaining the letter from my Embassy. This is a first for me since previously they only needed the letter from the Embassy. Always small changes every year. :shock: :? :cry:
Personally, I am pleased I no longer have to reply on the Embassy to provide documentation. Its a much quicker and easier process to just get the data needed from your bank and be done with it. Easier for the immigration officers as well.
Really? If I remember, all I had to show at the British Embassy was my Pension letter or P60 and then produce that to the IO. No pishing about at the banks.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

sateeb wrote:
Really? If I remember, all I had to show at the British Embassy was my Pension letter or P60 and then produce that to the IO. No pishing about at the banks.
But did you have to go to the Embassy or could it be done by post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

/\ From memory it could be done by post(return by EMS) but personally I enjoyed one night in BKK in a nice hotel and people watching in the Consular Section at the Embassy. Irrefutable evidence of oxygen thieves that walk this earth and breed. :laugh: :laugh: :naughty: :duck:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I agree. The Credit Advice method, once we all learnt it, was so much simpler. Just collect 12 Credit Advices, and cash them in for a new visa extension.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

/\ maybe for some but I don't need to transfer 65k a month. This only guarantees that money is coming into Thailand. Personally I would rather have my money in a UK bank.

― George Carlin
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Of course, one size doesn't fit all. I spend about ฿ึ75K most months, so it suits me fine. The rest of my pension sits securely in my UK bank.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

sateeb wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:35 pm
I did it by post and I don't receive an annual pension letter. So I had to produce pension slips and then post all that away, by secure post, so flapping around at the PO, then wait for a reply. All in a restricted timescale and when I opened my returned envelope once, it wasn't my details inside. It was their cock-up, but luckily, by coincidence I had to be in Bkk in any case, so I was able to hand that back into the gate, and collect my data in return.

I'm quite happy with the current system.
Talk is cheap
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

/\ So no P60? Horses for courses.

― George Carlin
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

sateeb wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:34 pm /\ So no P60? Horses for courses.
Of course I have a P60, but thats a retrospective tax document.

As I say I am more than happy with the new system. I am not reliant on a 3rd party to notarise something I already have, which has always been a pretty meaningless process in any case (and the reason why the Embassy were happy to do so, as no responsibility to them for the accuracy of what they were notarising, hence one of the reasons the Thai's sought to beef up the system), in the short window that was available for them to do so.
Talk is cheap
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

apologies in advance ive seen this before and forgotten

1)my 800k in an account has to have been there for 3 months FROM WHEN ? the date i apply or the date my visa expires?

2) i believe I then cant touch that money for 3 months...... again FROM WHEN ? 3 months from when i applied or 3 months after the date my visa started from

Thanks in advance

apologies again
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

thecolonel wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:15 pm apologies in advance ive seen this before and forgotten

1)my 800k in an account has to have been there for 3 months FROM WHEN ? the date i apply or the date my visa expires?

2) i believe I then cant touch that money for 3 months...... again FROM WHEN ? 3 months from when i applied or 3 months after the date my visa started from

Thanks in advance

apologies again
1) from the date you apply as on that same day you need you bank book updated, a yearly statement and the bank letter
2) from the date the visa starts
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

joelle wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:15 pm apologies in advance ive seen this before and forgotten

Thanks in advance

apologies again
1) from the date you apply as on that same day you need you bank book updated, a yearly statement and the bank letter
Cool thanks that makes sense

Sorry for rushed post but I was about to move the funds into another account and suddenly thought hang on a minute!!

I will have to wait until 27 Aug to move my money (assuming that counts as 'accessing' that money)

Therein lies another question, what defines 'accessing' or touching that money ie what if you don't spend it and just move it from one account to another??

Thanks Joelle

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

thecolonel wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:33 pm
joelle wrote:

Thanks in advance

apologies again
Cool thanks that makes sense

Sorry for rushed post but I was about to move the funds into another account and suddenly thought hang on a minute!!

I will have to wait until 27 Aug to move my money (assuming that counts as 'accessing' that money)

Therein lies another question, what defines 'accessing' or touching that money ie what if you don't spend it and just move it from one account to another??

Thanks Joelle

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk
No that won't do, it has to stay in the same account for the length of time required. ,
We have done that moved the money across an other account in the same bank and it was not accepted.