Buying a used car in Hua Hin

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
scotbritboy
Novice
Novice

Buying a used car in Hua Hin

Post by scotbritboy »

Hi
Can anyone recommend a reputable used car outlet(s) in Hua Hin
Not looking to spend a huge amount - but clearly want something that is safe / functional
Many thanks
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Re: Buying a used car in Hua Hin

Post by Lung Per »

scotbritboy wrote:Hi
Can anyone recommend a reputable used car outlet(s) in Hua Hin
Not looking to spend a huge amount - but clearly want something that is safe / functional
Many thanks

"A REPUTABLE USED CAR OUTLET?? :lach: :lach: :lach:

Sorry, couldn't help it. The used car business is the same in Thailand as in the rest of the world, so I appreciate your request for advice. I have good experience with the Chevy dealer on Petchkasem, which has a used car outlet just before the main store.
A friend is only one click away
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Think there will be plenty about. I year old, no previous owner, no mileage and now Bangkok flood proof
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Taranis
Novice
Novice

Post by Taranis »

Pre-owned vehicles in Thailand maintain a significantly higher residual value than in most other countries.
S0, if you're looking for a nearly new car it might prove to be more prudent buying new instead.

If you're definitely only in the market for a pre-owned vehicle, you could take a look at Toyota who resell some pre-owned vehicles (of their own marque) and give a warranty. Some Chevrolet outlets do this also. I'm not sure about other marques, but some might do the same thing.

If that's not a suitable option I suggest that you consider looking in the classified advertisements of the English speaking media before seeking a vehicle from a pre-owned vehicle lot. What's on offer may not be better, but you would see the vehicle in the environment of it's user and usage. The main reason though, is that you would ask for information and get answers, in your own language.

If your Thai's not up to scratch, then always take some-one who is fluent in the language (as well as English) with you (exempting the third option) and of course a good mechanic also, if you've little experience in this field.

Good luck with your search.