Electric charge getting high from Government?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
buksida

Re: Electric charge getting high from Government?

Post by buksida »

HHTel wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:04 am Ok so it's have a go at Hhtel.
Points taken and will practice getting my brain in gear. I was having a bad day.
Apologies, so was I mate ... 4k electric bill will do that. :oops:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

During very hot weather any air con will have to run for a longer period within any given usual time frame. For a start a building will become more heat soaked at higher ambient temperatures, and therefore take longer to cool down.

Secondly, higher ambient air temperatures mean that the heat rejection by the condensing part of the system,
ie: the "cooling" and condensing of the refrigerant, requires more energy to achieve the same condition as compared to lower ambient temperatures.

Or to put it simply: an air con is just a "heat pump". So if there is more "heat", then more energy is needed to move it.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Not sure where to post this, but it needs to be posted:
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
My house in Hua Hin is rented out, and has been with the same client for the last 5 or 6 years. The electric account is in my daughters name as she "owns" the house. We have a separate bank account just for the house with KBank, and the monthly bill is set up for automatic deduction from that account, and has been so for at least the last 10 years without a problem.

Yesterday(Sunday), I received an email from the client that the PEA had just been with the intention of removing the meter because the bill had not been paid. She evidently paid the bill to avoid it happening. I have the bank book that belongs to the account in front of me and the correct amount was deducted from the account on the 13th of this month, which is also the date shown as "due" on the bottom of the bill.

So why is it that the PEA can come unannounced, on a Sunday, and proceed to disconnect and remove the meter? What would of happened if the lady had not been there? She very often has her little granddaughter with her, or there could well have been a sick person in the house, but that would not occur to these ignorant pricks!

This COULD be a simple mistake, but it could ALSO be a scam. I am stuck in Bangkok just now and as the client is trying to juggle her husband being due in hospital, she does not have the time to pursue it. Anybody else ever had this happen to them? It stinks of pure incompetence, but who knows? :guns:
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Generally with govt, you may suspect conspiracy, but its usually incompetence.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'd guess incompetence. We've seen it in our Soi where they've turned up to try to disconnect the wrong meter. Come back a couple of hours later to disconnect the right one.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Our electricity bill this month is also the highest we've ever had. Looking back, it's up by about 30% from the same month last year. I'm thinking of getting them to come and check the meter for the infamous 'leakage' issue. We have a relative who had an unusually high bill a couple of months ago, he got the PEA to check and they also apparently had a faulty meter.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

I would never have an automatic deduction from my bank acct. One dishonest bank clerk and there goes all the money. Driving into town to pay bills is inconvenient but not as inconvenient as losing all my money or having to deal with incompetent or ignorant employees.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

handdrummer wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:39 pm I would never have an automatic deduction from my bank acct. One dishonest bank clerk and there goes all the money. Driving into town to pay bills is inconvenient but not as inconvenient as losing all my money or having to deal with incompetent or ignorant employees.
Well, I sometimes go to Australia and the last time I tried to drive from there my bloody car sank in the ocean!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Nereus wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:49 pm I sometimes go to Australia and the last time I tried to drive from there my bloody car sank in the ocean!
just don't make them like they used to :wink:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

handdrummer wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:39 pm I would never have an automatic deduction from my bank acct. One dishonest bank clerk and there goes all the money. Driving into town to pay bills is inconvenient but not as inconvenient as losing all my money or having to deal with incompetent or ignorant employees.
I would doubt that DD's are done manually, even in Thailand. Shouldn't be any human intervention.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:43 pm
Nereus wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:49 pm I sometimes go to Australia and the last time I tried to drive from there my bloody car sank in the ocean!
just don't make them like they used to :wink:
Especially bloody Land Rovers! :(
But there has to be many absentia owners that rely on direct debits from a bank. Even living in Bangkok it is the only way to ensure the bills are paid. I doubt very much that the bank is at fault.