Good service at B-Quick.

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Good service at B-Quick.

Post by Dannie Boy »

HHTel wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:43 pm Not sure about here but most new cars in the UK come with a repair kit in place of a spare wheel. Run-flat tyres are becoming the norm. The reason given by the manufacturers is cost and weight.
We’re starting to drift off the subject and I’m going to be just as guilty, but I think you’re wrong there about run-flat tyres - whilst they might be more popular than they were even 10 years ago, they are by no means becoming the “norm”.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Ok. A long way from the norm but definitely on the increase along with self-sealing tyres:
An increasing amount of vehicle manufacturers are opting to fit new cars with run flat tyres – so when you buy, for example, a new BMW 5 series or Mini, then it will come with four run flat tyres.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Anyway, next time I need any form of tyre service, B-Quick will be my first port of call. :thumb:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Absolutely. Can only be beaten if someone fixes my puncture and GIVES me money!
DTHH

Post by DTHH »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:48 am Anyway, next time I need any form of tyre service, B-Quick will be my first port of call. :thumb:
Can see the mustard structure of the new Cha-am branch quickly taking shape at the end of the drive. Assume aiming to open at the same time as the new Lotus's.
Like Dannie Boy, I have also found B-Quick to be be most efficient and fair whether Thai or Farang.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I had the misfortune (or is it pleasure?) of finding my rear nearside tyre 90% deflated this morning and a quick inspection found a rogue screw in the middle of the tread.

I had the same problem back in 2021 so knew the drill only this time going to B-Quik in Cha Am rather than Hua Hin, but same impeccable service, if not better. One assistant found the offending screw and promptly removed it and inserted a plug, the 2nd assistant checked the tyre pressure on all 4 wheels and even used a misting bottle and cloth to clean them. Upon completion I asked how much and as before they said no charge, so it was just a 100 Baht tip and all completed within 10 minutes!!