Documentaries

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Re: Documentaries

Post by wenshidi »

buksida wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:03 am I was brought up in the 1980s when there were so many iconic sci-fi films that made a big impact on a little kid.
Have you seen the first series of Icons Unearthed yet? 7.9 on IMDB.

https://www.vicetv.com/en_us/show/icons ... -star-wars
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Looks interesting. Season 1 about Star Wars and Season 2 The Simpsons
https://www.limetorrents.lol/Icons-Unea ... 44443.html
https://piratebay.party/torrent/6403668 ... 4-GalaxyTV

Be prepared for a long download time. (maybe)
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Super League: The War for Football

Documents the high stakes battle that is set off when plans for a breakaway league emerge and the past, present, and future of European football collide, leaving the game's powerful leaders to defend, or upend, the traditions of the sport.

Throws a bit more light on the proposed Super League fiasco.

https://piratebay.party/search/super%20league/1/3/0
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

One for Bond fans:-
The Sound of 007

Follows the remarkable history of six decades of James Bond music, going behind the lens into one of the greatest movie franchise and the iconic 007 theme song.
https://yts.mx/movies/the-sound-of-007-2022

― George Carlin
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Sir David Attenborough is quite something! 96 and still going strong - all of his nature/natural world documentaries have been absolutely superb IMHO. BUT, I'm really looking forward to this series - close to home and a first for Sir David..... :thumb:

"Sir David Attenborough's new BBC series, Wild Isles, explores natural history in Britain and Ireland for the first time in his long career.

After travelling the world to make nature documentaries, the 96-year-old says there has never been a more important time for the UK to invest in its own wildlife.

The BBC's Climate Editor Justin Rowlatt has picked three must-see moments from episode 1 of the new five-part series.

The five-part series, Wild Isles is broadcast on BBC One starting on Sunday 12 March and will be available in the UK on BBC iPlayer."

Video @ link - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/science-e ... t-64867517

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Nice, definitely one to download.

Currently watching BBC's Jungle Atlantis in preparation for Cambodia, its eye-opening stuff.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4049426/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

― George Carlin
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

buksida wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:59 am Currently watching BBC's Jungle Atlantis in preparation for Cambodia, its eye-opening stuff.
Thanks for the heads up - will take a look on iPlayer :thumb:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

pharvey wrote:Sir David Attenborough is quite something! 96 and still going strong - all of his nature/natural world documentaries have been absolutely superb IMHO. BUT, I'm really looking forward to this series - close to home and a first for Sir David..... :thumb:

"Sir David Attenborough's new BBC series, Wild Isles, explores natural history in Britain and Ireland for the first time in his long career.

After travelling the world to make nature documentaries, the 96-year-old says there has never been a more important time for the UK to invest in its own wildlife.

The BBC's Climate Editor Justin Rowlatt has picked three must-see moments from episode 1 of the new five-part series.

The five-part series, Wild Isles is broadcast on BBC One starting on Sunday 12 March and will be available in the UK on BBC iPlayer."

Video @ link - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/science-e ... t-64867517

:cheers: :cheers:
Just finished watching the first episode and have to say I wasn’t disappointed - much the opposite!!
Despite reading elsewhere that it wasn’t going to be available, I watched it on BBC1 although it’s also available on Player.

For such a relatively small Island, Britain has a wonderfully diverse abundance of nature.

Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

^^^

Enjoyed it, too. Very good.

Yes, I didn't think it was being broadcast, but reading further, it appears just the last episode will only be on iplayer. Until they change their minds. Makes you wonder what they're worried about in the last episode? Of course by doing this (if they do this) the last episode will be the most viewed episode—the streisand effect. :D
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Lost wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:20 am ^^^

Enjoyed it, too. Very good.

Yes, I didn't think it was being broadcast, but reading further, it appears just the last episode will only be on iplayer. Until they change their minds. Makes you wonder what they're worried about in the last episode? Of course by doing this (if they do this) the last episode will be the most viewed episode—the streisand effect. :D
Just watched it, and it was indeed truly excellent. Some of it must have been going on within a short distance of where I've lived over the years.

I'm not sure that this hullaballoo over the 'last episode' is any less of a storm in a teacup than the Lineker nonsense. As I understand it, this is a 5-episode series commissioned by the BBC and the other is a separate programme commissioned by the WWF etc. Whatever the case, if the BBC was concerned for some odd reason about any kind of message being sent, it wouldn't have broadcast the series at all, as episode 1 trumpets it loud and clear!
This is the way
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

dtaai-maai wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:47 am I'm not sure that this hullaballoo over the 'last episode' is any less of a storm in a teacup than the Lineker nonsense. As I understand it, this is a 5-episode series commissioned by the BBC and the other is a separate programme commissioned by the WWF etc. Whatever the case, if the BBC was concerned for some odd reason about any kind of message being sent, it wouldn't have broadcast the series at all, as episode 1 trumpets it loud and clear!
So ( :wink: ), and I'm reading between the lines here DM, what you're saying is the left are deliberately hyperbolising events in order to destabilise the government thus putting in place the tools for a Marxist coup and the beginning of a New World Order?
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Anyone watched this yet? The Hatchet Weilding Hitchhiker . Must have watched it 5 or 6 times now it's just utterly bonkers. Hitchhiker becomes an overnight sensation from an interview after a random event. Gets on some prime time slots with famous hosts, offered TV appearances everywhere. Turns out he's not the 'lovable home-free' fellow everyone thought he was.

Just a bizarre set of events. And all on camera.

On Netflix or here: https://yts.mx/movies/the-hatchet-wield ... hiker-2023

:cheers:
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Lost wrote:Anyone watched this yet? The Hatchet Weilding Hitchhiker . Must have watched it 5 or 6 times now it's just utterly bonkers. Hitchhiker becomes an overnight sensation from an interview after a random event. Gets on some prime time slots with famous hosts, offered TV appearances everywhere. Turns out he's not the 'lovable home-free' fellow everyone thought he was.

Just a bizarre set of events. And all on camera.

On Netflix or here: https://yts.mx/movies/the-hatchet-wield ... hiker-2023

:cheers:
Why do you watch a show 5-6 times when it is utterly bonkers? I would have quit after the first time, 5555

YNWA

YNWA
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

MH370 : THE PLANE THAT DISAPPEARED (NETFLIX)

Was very keen to watch this....

Sadly disappointed is my official conclusion!

3 episodes could easily have been squeezed into two.

I won't say any more so as not to spoil it for anyone

6/10

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk