Locations that serve a "good" Amercian / English breakfast.

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Locations that serve a "good" Amercian / English breakfast.

Post by HHTel »

The 8th out of 24 posts over 6 years so 1 third has been promoting 'Morning Bread'.
I've had breakfast there a couple of times. It's ok but nothing to shout about. Can't be compared with a 'Full English' by any stretch of the imagination.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

HHTel wrote:The 8th out of 24 posts over 6 years so 1 third has been promoting 'Morning Bread'.
I've had breakfast there a couple of times. It's ok but nothing to shout about. Can't be compared with a 'Full English' by any stretch of the imagination.
2 fried eggs, a sausage and a piece of bread if I recall correctly...

Maybe inaccurate but the reason I only went twice is that it is a scant offering compared to others for a similar price

Each to their own....

I'm wondering if that new Queens place off 102 does a full English? Anyone know?

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

thecolonel wrote:
HHTel wrote:The 8th out of 24 posts over 6 years so 1 third has been promoting 'Morning Bread'.
2 fried eggs, a sausage and a piece of bread if I recall correctly...

Maybe inaccurate but the reason I only went twice is that it is a scant offering compared to others for a similar price

Each to their own....

I'm wondering if that new Queens place off 102 does a full English? Anyone know?

Ps to my own post

See photo

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you - will probably try it next week some time.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:37 pm Thank you - will probably try it next week some time.
I've been today and had breakfast set D. Mrs BB had Thai food and my son had a chicken burger. They had quite an extensive menu, and reasonably priced.

The breakfast was OK. Some basics missing like jam and butter for the toast, and no sauce. As usual, the sausage was not to my liking, but we all know what a fussy git I am regarding sausages. For breakfast alone, I'd probably go elsewhere. My wife and son said their meals were nice.

I didn't even know the building existed until a couple of days ago, but apparently it has been there in various guises for quite some time. A quick look around, and it looks like a very smart refurb job.

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Yes, it was the 'Silver Fox' until recently. Been there for many years.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, my son has been updating me, but as a virtual non-drinker, I rarely go to such places. I was quite impressed to find what I imagine is a purpose built bar in Hua Hin. I liked what I saw.

Points 48; Position 20
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Big Boy wrote:Yes, my son has been updating me, but as a virtual non-drinker, I rarely go to such places. I was quite impressed to find what I imagine is a purpose built bar in Hua Hin. I liked what I saw.
It's a nice fit out/set up for sure

But I had a feeling the Brekky would be average

I can't imagine it can rival Nits 1km down the road for what is actually less money

Tell me something did you get one eggs or two?

Reason I ask if that I seriously object to photos of food that blatantly mislead and grossly exaggerate what you get.

There's another place I know which I know of that advertises fish and chips with 2 large pieces of fish.

If I go there and only get one I'll make my feelings known.

A pet peeve of mine, I know this is Thailand but there's no excuse for deliberately misleading the customer

Rant over.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I had 2 eggs, 2 bacon, beans, 2 tomatoes, 1 sausage, 2 toast, 1 coffee, 1 orange juice.

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Compared with what was served to me last week in Samut Songkhram as a 'Farang Breakfast' it was absolutely marvellous. We mustn't forget that we are very lucky in Hua Hin when it comes to available food.

Farang breakfast.jpg
Farang breakfast.jpg (60.32 KiB) Viewed 64132 times

Points 48; Position 20
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Big Boy wrote:I had 2 eggs, 2 bacon, beans, 2 tomatoes, 1 sausage, 2 toast, 1 coffee, 1 orange juice.
Pleased to hear that as the photo on menu is 2 eggs....

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

There's another place I know which I know of that advertises fish and chips with 2 large pieces of fish.
If you're talking about Zebwer, then it's true. You do get 2 good sized pieces of cod. Had it several times.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

HHTel wrote:
If you're talking about Zebwer, then it's true. You do get 2 good sized pieces of cod. Had it several times.
No not Zabwer, never eaten there to check, sounds good though everyone speaks highly of it

This other place is in town.....

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Big Boy wrote:
Big Boy wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:37 pm Thank you - will probably try it next week some time.
I've been today and had breakfast set D. Mrs BB had Thai food and my son had a chicken burger. They had quite an extensive menu, and reasonably priced.

The breakfast was OK. Some basics missing like jam and butter for the toast, and no sauce. As usual, the sausage was not to my liking, but we all know what a fussy git I am regarding sausages. For breakfast alone, I'd probably go elsewhere. My wife and son said their meals were nice.

I didn't even know the building existed until a couple of days ago, but apparently it has been there in various guises for quite some time. A quick look around, and it looks like a very smart refurb job.
I got jam and butter today so they're obviously still learning but no brown sauce Image Also she gave me a fork and spoon, I had to ask for a knife

Agree with you, breakfast was reasonably good but could be better. I quite liked the sausage but bacon was thin and too strip like(I call that hotel bacon).

Lovely place though with the decking and water feature. If I could eat Nit's breakfast at Queens I'd be a very happy man indeed!

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

See how easy it is to get yourself a bad name. I could have gone into rant mode about dry toast. I simply put my eggs on one slice and my beans on the other. :D

Points 48; Position 20