TV series worth watching/downloading

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: TV series worth watching/downloading

Post by dtaai-maai »

pharvey wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:27 am
dtaai-maai wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:41 pm Yes, eztv I think

Thanks for the reminder, now downloading eps 2 and 3. :thumb:
Well, 1,2 & 3 downloaded - let's see! :thumb:
And after 21 mins I realised I was suffering from 'seen it already' syndrome... :oops:
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:59 am
pharvey wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:27 am
dtaai-maai wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:41 pm Yes, eztv I think

Thanks for the reminder, now downloading eps 2 and 3. :thumb:
Well, 1,2 & 3 downloaded - let's see! :thumb:
And after 21 mins I realised I was suffering from 'seen it already' syndrome... :oops:
Well, as you know I'm not someone to say.....

Looking forward to Season 2 though! :thumb:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
buksida

Post by buksida »

dtaai-maai wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:44 am Violence, nasty aliens, what more could you ask? I saw an ad for season 2, but how did I miss season 1? You lot are letting me down... 20 mins into ep 1.
We never miss decent sci-fi ...

buksida wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:41 am And here is one for my fellow sci-fi fans and gamers - Halo the series starting on March 14.

Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

The 2022 Channel 4 series The Curse is very funny, I think. Simple plotting and straightforward with slightly overdrawn characters. Two seasons, each six episodes of just over 20 mins each, so a quick watch too. One gruesome moment in only one episode of the first series, so maybe not for little kids, I didn't watch the second series yet.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

For those who like spy stories.....

Berlin Station( series 1) is good albeit a little hard to follow exactly everything that is going on.

I shall continue with it tho... S2 & 3 then it stops

Rhys Ifans is outstanding as usual

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

thecolonel wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:28 pm For those who like spy stories.....

Berlin Station( series 1) is good albeit a little hard to follow exactly everything that is going on.

I shall continue with it tho... S2 & 3 then it stops

Rhys Ifans is outstanding as usual

Watching the first episode I realised I watched it before. Very good! I may rewatch as I can't remember it much (only that I enjoyed it a lot), but only after 'The Pigeon Tunnel'.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Sky Max's Funny Woman is about a Liverpool beauty queen who travels to London in the Swinging Sixties (all really well done) to make something of herself and does. Gentle but some bad language. Rupert Everett in heavy makeup is a comic treat.

Absolutely loved it, I give it a ten.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Criminal Record

A recently concluded 8-episode British crime thriller on Apple TV+ (downloaded from eztv), with the magnificent Peter Capaldi as a very convincing baddy - or is he? I'm only halfway through.

Good reviews, well deserved IMO.
In the heart of London, an anonymous phone call draws two brilliant detectives -- a young woman in the early stages of her career and a well-connected man determined to protect his legacy -- into a fight to correct an old miscarriage of justice.
This is the way
buksida

Post by buksida »

The Grand Tour Season 5 Ep. 3 is out, called "Sand Job"

https://eztvx.to/ep/2272076/the-grand-t ... 5-megusta/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

buksida wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:40 pm The Grand Tour Season 5 Ep. 3 is out, called "Sand Job"

https://eztvx.to/ep/2272076/the-grand-t ... 5-megusta/
Yep! Like you I grabbed the 2 GB size file (allegedly 1080p, hope the coding is done properly). My TV amp upscales so it should be good watching.

The other files posted of almost 10 GB in size for a resolution of just 1080p seems ridiculous. I think if it's not going to be 2160p (4K) it's not even worth the bandwidth. But I'm not a propellorhead, so what do I know.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

dtaai-maai wrote:Criminal Record

A recently concluded 8-episode British crime thriller on Apple TV+ (downloaded from eztv), with the magnificent Peter Capaldi as a very convincing baddy - or is he? I'm only halfway through.

Good reviews, well deserved IMO.
In the heart of London, an anonymous phone call draws two brilliant detectives -- a young woman in the early stages of her career and a well-connected man determined to protect his legacy -- into a fight to correct an old miscarriage of justice.
I've only watched 2 episodes but I certainly will be continuing...

Looks good

Last edited by thecolonel on Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:01 am A recently concluded 8-episode British crime thriller on Apple TV+ (downloaded from eztv).....
Just as an aside, there's a fair few "binge-worthy" shows on Apple TV+ and they're offering a Free 7-Day Trial. Not sure I'll keep Apple TV+ and pay for it, but the Free Trial has certainly been good. :thumb:

[EDIT] "Masters of the Air" has been great so far (free episode available before even taking out a free trial), but won't finish before my Trial ends.... It's another collaboration of Tom Hanks and Spielberg ("Band of Brothers" & "The Pacific"), so if you enjoyed those, it's well worth the watch. :thumb:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

pharvey wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:14 pm [EDIT] "Masters of the Air" has been great so far (free episode available before even taking out a free trial), but won't finish before my Trial ends.... It's another collaboration of Tom Hanks and Spielberg ("Band of Brothers" & "The Pacific"), so if you enjoyed those, it's well worth the watch. :thumb:
Tell us what those binge-worthy shows are so we can download them! :D Yes, Masters of the Air is good; I've watched the first couple of episodes but I'm saving the rest until I can binge the lot. Available on eztv and undoubtedly elsewhere.
This is the way
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’ve just finished watching episode two out of three of “Breathtaking” a reenactment of what life was like in a NHS hospital just leading up to lockdown in March 2020 and the following few months.

Even though this is only a reenactment, it’s not difficult to imagine how traumatic it must have been for those at the sharp end, especially when it’s interspersed with real footage of Boris Johnson, Hancock and others coming out with statements that in retrospect were complete bollox.

Unless you’re in complete denial, I’d recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:33 pm Tell us what those binge-worthy shows are so we can download them! :D Yes, Masters of the Air is good; I've watched the first couple of episodes but I'm saving the rest until I can binge the lot. Available on eztv and undoubtedly elsewhere.
You've fallen out the wrong side of bed, the lady next door is troubling you, results in the Cricket and Wendyball field are concerning - Hell, you still have to face the Scots in rugby and after managing a postponement (Wendyball) this weekend "your" team face who is it? AND STILL you have to make jokes or belittle me :roll: :cry: I shall break wind in your general direction, support my Scottish Cousins, but OK - being a decent chap, will point out a few shows just for you.. :roll: And by the way, it's nice to just click on an App on the TV rather than having to download each and every episode (though I continue to do!). :D

Masters of The Air (already mentioned)
Calls - Disturbing and suited to the likes of "Lost"
Prehistoric Planet - Dai as he's known in Wales... Superb.
The Reluctant Traveler - I loved it.
The Essex Serpent - It's a love or hate one... DM, I think you may like.
Black Bird - Cracking.

:cheers: :cheers: :D