EVA Airways

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
Big Boy

Re: EVA Airways

Post by Big Boy »

My preference is always a stop over, as long as it's not too long.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

i can understand the stopover brigade, some for a smoke, some just to stretch their legs & some just to break up the journey.
i particularly like the evening flight cos i don't sleep to well travelling, but generally manage to get a few z's on the way over.
& like caller said, the cattle class is roomy enough & has plenty of leg space :cheers:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
HHADFan
Professional
Professional

Post by HHADFan »

Homer wrote: If your flight goes through Taipei, google for the Evergreen Transit Hotel. For $10 (2008 price) one can get a shower, sauna and there's a room to hangout with internet, newspapers and really bad coffee, but ok tea.
Thanks for this, Homer. I have to fly to Seattle about once a year and always go EVA Elite class. My only complaint has been the layovers in Taipei. I hate that freakin' airport.
"We're all living proof nothing lasts" - Jay Farrar
parbeau

Post by parbeau »

Sorry, I know you´re asking about EVA Airways but I can´t resist recommending Qatar Airways. I always fly with them to and from Stockholm with a stopover in Doha (and the same goes for London flights). Value for money is fantastic, with high safety, keeping timetables, food quality, legroom, your own TV with loads of movies, music, games etc. Cabin service excellent with free drinks and whatever you need. Personally I don´t mind the stopover. Not only can you stretch your legs and get a smoke, but you get more free food as well...!!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Although I havent flown with them for a few years, I have used EVA Air from LHR to BKK a few times and from what I recall they were every bit as good (if not better) than BA or Thai and normally considerably cheaper.

For those people who don't mind/prefer a stopover then most of the Middle East Airlines offer a really good standard/price combination. My personal favourite is Etihad who fly via Abu Dhabi, but Emirates via Dubai or Qatar Airways via Doha are almost as good, followed by Gulf Air via Bahrain and Oman Air via Muscat. Most of them offer reasonable stopovers of approx 2 hours, so it is really down to who is offering the best deal at the time you want to fly.
bazza
Amateur
Amateur

Post by bazza »

Agree with most of the comments but beware with Eva. If your luggage is overweight or taking golf clubs they will sting you big time. My friend as just joined me from the UK. He required oxogen for the trip Eva wanted 800 pounds each way BA does not charge for the service. My preference Etihad with a short stopover.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

FYI I'm looking at a listing for a large Eastern Seaboard travel agency which lists Eva fares R/T from Thailand as follows:

Economy

Vienna and London 30,000
Amsterdam 27,000

Premium Economy

Amsterdam 41,000
London 43,000

Following to London regular economy:

Ethidad 23,500
Emriates 36,500
Qatar 22,000
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
bazza
Amateur
Amateur

Post by bazza »

prcscct
Don't forget you have to had the tax to those prices
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

For my own education, are those prices generally available? Or are they 'get you through the shop door' prices? The reason I ask is in the UK the advertised prices have always just sold out when you walk into the shop.

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Big Boy wrote:For my own education, are those prices generally available? Or are they 'get you through the shop door' prices? The reason I ask is in the UK the advertised prices have always just sold out when you walk into the shop.
I'm not sure as I've only used them twice to my memory. They run a full page ad with prices for everywhere by all airlines every two weeks in the Pattaya Mail. In fact, the agency is owned by the Pattaya Mail. I'll post up the website and contact details later this morning. Each price has small notations and I believe what I posted yesterday all notations where they were good until the end of March. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Irrespective of my question, that link could be quite useful generally.

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Big Boy wrote:Irrespective of my question, that link could be quite useful generally.
Just FYI, the full page of price listings was in the printed edition of the paper. I don't know if they list so much and update so much on their web site, we'll see. Pattaya Mail internet edition doesn't list anything at all that I can find. Pete :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Here we go, did it from memory and got lucky. Fares galore! Pete :cheers:

http://www.massictravel.net/
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Again, probably a naive question, but does the printed paper have a web site (as they would in the UK)?

[Edit] obviously thinking the same thoughts :D Scary

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Well, there's a surprise - BA and Qantas cheaper than Eva or Thai. In fact the Thai prices are a joke.

Points 48; Position 20