The Torrents Thread

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
londongeorge

Re: Torrents

Post by londongeorge »

I've been downloading torrents for years but for the past 2 days I haven't been able get anything to download from EZTV, Piratebay, Limetorrents and a few others. Has anyone else been having this problem? My UTorrent is working fine as I have been downloading music from other sites. I have tried 3 different computers and also a couple of different WiFi places without success. Any ideas??
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Can't help on the tech side but I've successfully downloaded from Piratebay and Limetorrents today.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Also downloading from EZ and Lime today so the sites are functioning - must be something on your system blocking them.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
buksida

Post by buksida »

wenshidi wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:08 am Yes, it is a tiny client but gives access to a vast network of private collections.

No need to worry about the install. As a program, it has been around almost as long as Napster.

I usually add the word mp3 to my searches to avoid all the big flac files that a lot of people prefer.
Big thanks to wenshidi for introducing me to Soulseek. Have been using it to source obscure music that just isn't available on the torrent sites.

Wanted to download David Byrne's alternative Christmas playlist for example - impossible to find elsewhere so managed to manually recreate it using Soulseek.

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/david-byrn ... -playlist/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Post by wenshidi »

buksida wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:32 am Big thanks to wenshidi for introducing me to Soulseek. Have been using it to source obscure music that just isn't available on the torrent sites.
Glad to hear that you are finding it useful.

Another resource that I find useful is the If You Like Blank subreddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ifyoulikeblank/

Always lots of interesting inspiration over there, plus I like to be able to share my own knowledge when I get the chance.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Ok, so we have eztv for TV shows, limetor, YTS, or piratebay for movies, and soulseek for music (all of which work well).

So does anyone have an equivalent torrent site for sports? Would be nice to be able to download stuff such as WRC rallies, WorldSBK races, BTCC, Premiership games that are not in Russian, etc.
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Re: The Torrents Thread

Post by wenshidi »

I hear that Sportscult and 720pier.ru are pretty good.

Have you trie Sportzone on archive.org?
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

wenshidi wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:13 pm I hear that Sportscult and 720pier.ru are pretty good.

Have you trie Sportzone on archive.org?
Both dodgy - Sportzone require payment details (DO NOT) and the latter (.ru) has been reported repeatedly. Avoid like the plague - not just my opinion.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Yeah, they looked dodgy, especially the Russian forum that threw up an alert on my machine.

Redbull TV has some decent motorsports on it, but usually only highlights.
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Post by wenshidi »

Sorry, I am not much of a sports fan, so I was just going on recommendation from the r/trakers subreddit.
buksida

Post by buksida »

No worries, your Soulseek recommendation more than makes up for it. :thumb:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

buksida wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:04 pm No worries, your Soulseek recommendation more than makes up for it. :thumb:
Indeed - was not a complaint wenshidi just a caution. Lot's of dodgy sites out there unfortunately.

Also, I've been trying to get onto EZTV recently without success - what URL are members using?

:cheers: :cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

buksida wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:48 am So does anyone have an equivalent torrent site for sports? Would be nice to be able to download stuff such as WRC rallies, WorldSBK races, BTCC, Premiership games that are not in Russian, etc.
The sports sites I've been using are: -

cricfree.tv
footybite.com (https://redi1.footybite.cc/)
buffstreams.tv

Pretty sure it's only live streaming though, so possibly some sleepless nights.....

:cheers: :cheers:
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Post by wenshidi »

pharvey wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:25 pm Also, I've been trying to get onto EZTV recently without success - what URL are members using?
I use a tiny metasearch piece of software called BitChe which I find to be very useful.

http://itorrents.org/torrent/9D27B82CF2 ... --Freeware

EZTV seems to be closed at the moment.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

eztv.re