Thai wife flight discount.

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Thai wife flight discount.

Post by kendo »

Just a heads up that if you are married to a Thai that Westeast Travel will give you a good discount.
We have just booked flights for the second of January direct with Eva cost £595 per ticket but you must travel on the same dates to get the discount.

I have looked at all the usual price comparison sites and the cheapest same flight was £651 per ticket so the saving of £112 for two i think is well worthy of a mention for you guys that are married.

Kendo. :cheers: :rasta: :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Big Boy

Re: Thai wife flight discount.

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, an excellent price for a direct flight at that time of year :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I agree about westeast - have used them for the last few flights to LOS and always with Eva.

I find their staff really helpful as well if there are any queries, changes to plans or just to provide general advice.
Talk is cheap
chopsticks
Guru
Guru

Post by chopsticks »

Just misleading that some of their advertised fares seem too good to be true.
That's because they exclude taxes and other charges. :cry:

Lowest fares for travel in September and October seem to be from Jet, Kingfisher (via India) or Oman and Etihad. (£400 approx) Thai Airways new promotion until 9 Dec is £572 each if two passengers travel together.
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

I often book with West East Travel and, frankly, I think the Thai Wife discount is a myth. The prices don't seem to change whether my wife enquires or whether I do. Wouldn't offering a discount on racial grounds be illegal (in the UK at least) anyway? They certainly don't advertise it.

Having said that, their prices are almost always the most competitive and they usually get our custom - £450 for our flights with EVA in October!
Lee1975
Professional
Professional

Post by Lee1975 »

Just booked my flight Yesterday with West East Travel, Flying out 9th Dec - 3rd Jan £752.00 return on Thai Airways. Cheapest I could find for that time of year.
Checked other websites today and West East and the Direct flights are now hitting £1200.00 for that time of year :cheers: :shock:
Think i got in there just at the right time.
The only things I regret are the things I didn't do
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Booked mine directly through Qatar, 13th December - 25th January £613. 8)

I usually fly Emirates but they've changed how many miles you get so I'd not even make Silver class doing my usual number of flights, they've now lost a customer. Bit of a bummer though as I've had a free upgrade on my last 3 or 4 flights.
chopsticks
Guru
Guru

Post by chopsticks »

For direct flights Eva Air are competitively priced if under 1 month stay. Never come across British Airways much on the comparison websites - do they fly direct LHR or LGW- BKK ? The middle east routes seem to have the best fares (India excepted :| )that's if you don't mind a stopover. Gulf and Royal Jordanian also sometimes have offers on.
Lee1975
Professional
Professional

Post by Lee1975 »

BaaBaa. wrote:Booked mine directly through Qatar, 13th December - 25th January £613. 8)

I usually fly Emirates but they've changed how many miles you get so I'd not even make Silver class doing my usual number of flights, they've now lost a customer. Bit of a bummer though as I've had a free upgrade on my last 3 or 4 flights.
Is that a stop/connection at Doha?? Was looking at an indirect flight with Qatar a few weeks ago around that price but I just couldn't be doing with the hassle TBH.

N.B Just looked at that flight now and they are quoting £872.00 (Qatar) and West east are quoting £1200.00 :cheers: :shock:
The only things I regret are the things I didn't do
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Lee1975 wrote:
BaaBaa. wrote:Booked mine directly through Qatar, 13th December - 25th January £613. 8)

Is that a stop/connection at Doha?? Was looking at an indirect flight with Qatar a few weeks ago around that price but I just couldn't be doing with the hassle TBH.

N.B Just looked at that flight now and they are quoting £872.00 (Qatar) and West east are quoting £1200.00 :cheers: :shock:
Yes, stop for a few hours in Doha. I prefer having a stop to be honest, I'd use the business lounge in Dubai, free food and alcohol and have a smoke.

:cheers:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

chopsticks wrote:For direct flights Eva Air are competitively priced if under 1 month stay. Never come across British Airways much on the comparison websites - do they fly direct LHR or LGW- BKK ? The middle east routes seem to have the best fares (India excepted :| )that's if you don't mind a stopover. Gulf and Royal Jordanian also sometimes have offers on.
Only 4 airlines fly direct, all from LHR, one is a route share between BA/Qantas and the others are Thai and Eva (on route to Taiwan).

Just curious, but do others have my experience with Eva, that on the return to the UK, you board a previously empty flight?
Talk is cheap
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

caller wrote:Just curious, but do others have my experience with Eva, that on the return to the UK, you board a previously empty flight?
Same with Emirates, the planes always empty before everybody boards.

:neener:
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Jaime,
No myth mate, the first time we booked through Westeast i had to scan and email a copy of Linie's passport to them.
Also if a premotion or discount is beneficial to a certain group how can you say it's illegal in the U.K. nobody will complain if they are being offered a discount.

Are intention was to fly out on different flights two weeks apart but was told my ticket would be £60.00 more if we did not travel on the same dates, so there is definitely a discount in place.

I have used Qatar Air the flight was very good, new plane good food and service as much beer as i wanted :D but what really let us down was when we stopped in Doha, i thought bloody hell very efficiant only off the plane 40 minuits and we where being called for our next leg of our journey to bangers, on arrival we where told if you have just came from Doha they did not load any luggage.
We had to wait 48 hours for our bags and it was a real worry and inconveance, but they did arrive in good condition.

On our return journey there was a big problem at Doha, they had over subscibed the second leg back to Gatwick and there was at least 3 people that never got on that flight there was a huge argument with the ground staff for making such a cock up.

I dont really like flying with EVA the food is not very nice, but they are consistantly cheaper than Thai Air and do have newer planes with the entertainment tv in the back of the seats.

kendo. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

kendo wrote:I dont really like flying with EVA the food is not very nice, but they are consistantly cheaper than Thai Air and do have newer planes with the entertainment tv in the back of the seats.
Its funny, but before I used them the food was raved about by others! But I've never found it up to much, but that applies to most food I've ever eaten on a plane, whichever the airline! I always fill up before I fly.

The direct flight, modern planes, better leg room, entertainment and cost seal it for me and they are my airline of choice (to LOS).
Talk is cheap
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I allways try to get a mid week night flight the plane is some times only half full so you can end up with 3 or 4 seats. :D
I also stay up from my night shift, check the bags in at 6.00pm and have a good drink in the irish bar normally about 5 pints of stella. :cheers: and then i will get about 5 hours sleep on the plane.
Kendo. :cheers: