Bar Closing times

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Dicky
Rookie
Rookie

Bar Closing times

Post by Dicky »

Good day all. I was last in the Kingdom 12 months ago and all the talk then was that all bars,apart from those in Pattaya and Patong,would only open for a couple of hours at lunch time and then reopen between the hours of 6pm and Midnight.Did this happen or was it just usual Thai politics? Also,I'm planning to come this December and I heard that Bangkok's new Airport is supposed to open this year.Could someone please tell me if this is right? Thanks very much
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I reckon you'll find a bar open whenever you want. Opening hours are fluid - and I don't just mean through booze.
One to watch out for is the old law that's been re-enacted for off sales. Only 11am-2pm and 5pm-midnight. Some stores are following this, but the vast majority are not.
As far as the airport is concerned, I seem to remember that good old Mr Toxin spent a night or two in a tent there last year. Apparantly, the logic was that it would be completed on time. However, he seems to have got caught up in drug wars, bird flu, southern politics and of course the tsunami.
Don't forget there's a general election on Feb 6th, so I wouldn't hold out too much hope for the airport.
Sorry for the sarcasm. Just the way I see it.
Len
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Len »

The completion date is still September. Speaking to someone in the know at Thai Air recently who says they have heard that it is still on schedule.
But as we know TIT.