Premier League 2022-23

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Re: Superbru Premier League 2022-23

Post by Lost »

pharvey wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:46 pm 29 year old Premier League (and "International") player arrested in London on suspicion of rape - Police have not named him or stated what club or country he represents..... Not much news at the moment.
North London. Arrested at his home in Barnet and faces a further 2 rape allegations. Coincidentally, a 29 year old midfielder of one North London Premier League team has not travelled to Germany for preseason with the rest of his team. No explanation given as to why, though he was pictured training with the team just a few days before.

Won't name him as it's just speculation at the moment but his name's been all over social media the last 2 days not hard to find. No other names in the hat.

Wouldn't be the first time social media has convicted the wrong person, mind.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Lost wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:41 pmew days before.

Won't name him as it's just speculation at the moment but his name's been all over social media the last 2 days not hard to find. No other names in the hat.

I heard there was two. One a spud, the other a gooner. I am assuming the one still in the hat recently 'informally' converted to Islam, due to his new wifes religion. :shock:
Talk is cheap
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

caller wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:16 pm
Lost wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:41 pmew days before.

I heard there was two. One a spud, the other a gooner.
Some were putting it on our Ben Davies (29) for a while. He's on his honeymoon abroad.
I am assuming the one still in the hat recently 'informally' converted to Islam, due to his new wifes religion
Yup, that's the one. With so much speculation about him going on you'd have thought, if it's not him, that he'd post a quick something to put a stop to his name being dragged through the mud (the social media shy Ben Davies posted his whereabouts for this exact reason I'm guessing).
Lost
Addict
Addict

Re: Premier League 2022-23

Post by Lost »

Raheem Sterling off to Chelsea for around £45 mil. Definite upgrade on Timo that. Possibly Havertz too and most definitely Lukaku. You happy with Sterling, caller?
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Lost wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:02 am Raheem Sterling off to Chelsea for around £45 mil. Definite upgrade on Timo that. Possibly Havertz too and most definitely Lukaku. You happy with Sterling, caller?
Yes, very much so. I hope 2 to 3 more still to come. We also have Hudson-Odoi and Chilwell back after long term injuries, so with I hope Gallagher as another addition, things are looking positive. I really hope Hudson-Odoi kicks on this season. So much potential. It seems Tuchel will also be assessing Broja pre-season. So that will be interesting.
Talk is cheap
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Arsenal fans must be feeling pretty damn low at the moment so here's a little good news for you. New signing Jesus scored 90 seconds into his debut. Scored another one later, too. Only preseason of course, but I think he'll be a good signing for you.

Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

The introduction we were waiting for. Romero and Richarlison who'd previously kicked the shite out of each other in each of their Spurs/Everton meetings. Now they're teammates. :thumb:

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Man United crush Liverpool 4-0 in Bangkok

https://www.bangkokpost.com/sports/2344 ... in-bangkok (Photo at link)

More coverage: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62138803

Manchester United thumped Liverpool 4-0 in a pre-season friendly match at the Rajamangala National Stadium in Bang Kapi district, Bangkok, on Tuesday night.

Three goals came in the first half, with English winger Jadon Sancho opening the score for the Red Devils 12 minutes into the game. Brazilian midfielder Fred doubled the lead in the 30th minute, and French forward Anthony Martial added the third just three minutes later.

In the second half, winger Facundo Pellistri of Uruguay scored the fourth and final goal for Man United in the 76th minute.

Liverpool held nearly 53% of the possession throughout the match, with 18 shots on goal and only four on target. Man Utd had nine shots on goal and five on target.

The game ended with no red or yellow cards issued.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I tried to watch it via AIS as they had the broadcasting rights, but the entire AIS TV network went down for us dead on 8pm - this has never happened before AFAIK. Did anybody receive TV via AIS between 8pm and 9pm last night?

The message on my TV was, "This is the First Chapter." I'm wondering if it was an attack on some sort.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you :D
Big Boy wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:21 am IThe message on my TV was, "This is the First Chapter."
A very strange message to display. I wonder if there's more to this story than they are telling us.

Anyway, this is about next season's Premier League, not a money making friendly being played in a far off land. I guess it's :offtopic:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62172524
Christian Eriksen joins Man Utd on a three year deal - i though he might have gone to one of the top clubs? :duck:
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Time will tell. Looking at our transfers, none of the 6 are big superstar signings, but all added much needed depth to our squad. Bar more cover for Romero/Sanchez and Davies/Lenglet we now have 3 pretty capable players for each position.

I mean, we've also spent the most in the league so far, too, so I'd hope to have had the best window on that alone.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

The proof of the pudding will be decided in May 2023!!
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Not really suprising, I think it's a world wide phenomena that people take successful teams as their favourites. With many people the favourites then change when there is not enough success. What surprises me here is the low number of City supporters.
Liverpool is most the popular team in the English Premier League for Thai football fans, followed closely behind by Manchester United, according to a survey by the National Institute of Development Administration, or Nida Poll.

The poll was conducted on July 18-21 by telephone interviews with 2,500 people aged 15 and above of various levels of education, occupations and incomes throughout the country.

Asked whether they follow English Premier League football matches, a majority of respondents - 68.84% - said "no" while 31.16% said "yes".

Of the 779 respondents who said "yes", 82.67% watch the games occasionally and 17.33% said they are regular followers.

When asked to name their favourite team in the 2022-2023 season, the answers were:

31.32% Liverpool;
30.42% Manchester United;
9.37% Chelsea;
3.85% Arsenal;
2.95% Manchester City;
2.82% Leicester City;
1.16% Fulham;
2.83% combined named Wolverhampton Wanderers, West Ham United; Tottenham Hotspur, Nottingham Forest, New Castle United, Leeds United, Southampton, Brentford and Aston Villa.

The rest, 15.28%, did not favour any particular team.

Regarding the teams in Thai League 1, 70.40% of the respondents said they do not follow the games and 29.60% said they do.

Of the 740 of those who follow the games, 90.41% watch the games occasionally and only 9.59% are regular followers.

When asked to name their favourite team in the 2022-2023 season, the answers were:

32.43% Buriram United;
11.49% Muang Thong United;
6.49% Port FC;
4.73% Chonburi FC;
2.97% BG Pathum United;
2.70% Nakhon Ratchasima Mazda FC;
2.16% Leo Chiangrai United;
1.62% Khon Kaen United;
4.19% combined named Ratchaburi Mitrpol FC, Nongbua Pitchaya FC, True Bangkok United; Sukhothai FC, PT Prachuap FC; Lampang FC, Lamphun Warriors and Police Tero FC.
The rest, 31.22%, said they do not favour any particular team.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... IXxWgyVGfM