Coronavirus Precautions/News/Updates for Hua Hin/Prachuap

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Re: Wuhan Virus Precautions

Post by Bluesky »

Interesting to see where some of these masks are made!

http://www.orienthonest.com
Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 7.41.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 7.41.17 PM.png (215.21 KiB) Viewed 977 times
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

So what? Just because a virus has been attributed to a source in Wuhan, that doesn't negate the manufacturing that was in Wuhan before this virus.

It would make complete nonsense to criticise any manufacturer for something that was out of their control. There's nothing to say that their product is still as it should be. Wuhan is the headquarters for China's major domestic car and steel producers. Wuhan is quite important in the Chinese economy.

Factories will suffer because of the virus. The fact that they made face masks is somewhat ironic in the current climate but no more than that.
Known as the “thoroughfare of China”, the city acts as a transport and industrial hub for central China and is the region’s political, economic and commercial centre.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

"The fact that they made face masks is somewhat ironic in the current climate but no more than that."

....... and I'm sure that's all Bluesky actually meant.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

You're probably right. Maybe I over-reacted.
There are so many scare stories and false information about. I've been taken in by some of it. So now I'll only listen or read from credible sources. All other stories are ignored.

There are people who now it's been pointed out that Wuhan produces face masks, will now look for where they were made and reject anything made in Wuhan.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

If only people take note!
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

HHTel wrote:Image

If only people take note!
Or if you're Chinese and travelling abroad.

It's a sign of respect to the host country, and in fairness most of them seem to be doing it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: China Coronavirus

Post by handdrummer »

Yesterday there were no face masks available in Hua Hin. Every pharmacy I went to was sold out. Fascino, in MV, said they got a shipment in the morning and by noon they were gone.

If you want to protect or cure yourself of any virus, use Colloidal Silver. It well kill any virus.
PeteC

Re: China Coronavirus

Post by PeteC »

I'll post this link here from our "Air Pollution" thread, as IMO they will protect better against virus than the masks they are selling here. They look very sturdy and edge sealed as well. From Switzerland and the price of $69.00 for 10 includes all shipping and duty I believe.

https://www.airvisual.com/pollution-mask
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

There is an IQAir importer here, but I don't know if they have stock:

https://shopee.co.th/IQAir-Mask-Respira ... 3107030427

edit: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/iqair ... 90922.html
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

On Friday, I sat at my local bar outside 7/11 on Soi 112. It's a very busy junction and I noticed that the majority of people were wearing masks, no helmets but masks! I sat there again yesterday and today and apart from sellers at two food stalls, I counted none, zero masks.
I was in MV today paying bills. On the journey there I didn't see a single mask (and I was looking). I spent around 45 mins in MV on all 3 floors. I could count the people wearing masks on one hand and none of them were customers! Returning on a different route, I counted 2 motorcyclists wearing a mask.

I was here for the start to finish of the SARS outbreak and I don't recall any of the hysteria we are faced with today.

Most people will recover from WuFlu without treatment. 12 of the 19 in Thailand have already recovered. 632 in China have recovered but still a long way to go.

4,800 people died in January 2020 from 'flu. We even have a vaccine for that although not a perfect match.

I believe there is a self induced hysteria helped by the media for WuFlu. I would be more worried catching 'flu.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only one with a voice of reason. I'm certainly in the minority. If I'm proved wrong, which I don't expect to be, then I'll hold up my hands. The WHO has criticised countries for over-reacting with measures believed unnecessary.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

:agree: Media frenzy
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

sateeb wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:14 pm :agree: Social Media frenzy
The difference is Social Media.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HHTel wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:02 pm I was in MV today paying bills. On the journey there I didn't see a single mask (and I was looking). I spent around 45 mins in MV on all 3 floors. I could count the people wearing masks on one hand and none of them were customers! Returning on a different route, I counted 2 motorcyclists wearing a mask.
I think the 14 day incubation period is over, hopefully meaning any risk from Hua Hin's victim has passed.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Normal healthy people will not die from this virus! It is less dangerous than normal flu! HYSTERIA EVERYWHERE!
YNWA
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Face masks 'snapped up right away'

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... right-away

Despite Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha's assurance about the availability of surgical face masks, some pharmacies and convenience stores in two Bangkok districts were found to be running short on supplies.

The Bangkok Post on Tuesday surveyed shops selling this highly-sought protective gear in Lat Phrao and Chatuchak districts, and spoke to owners and staff who all said their stocks had run out amid the coronavirus outbreak and air pollution.

Only a few face masks were available in Lat Phrao's Chok Chai 4 area. A large sign declaring "face masks and alcohol-based hand sanitisers are out of stock" was also seen at a big drug store. Upon enquiry, a store's staff member said she did not know when they would be available again.

A fast-depleting stock of 3D black face masks, going for 30 baht each, was found at another drug store nearby.

"They can protect against PM2.5 dust particles and pathogens. We used to sell five-piece packs of green face masks at 25 baht, but they are now out of stock. Since face masks are now a controlled item, their prices will not go up dramatically," she said.

However, the owner of another store nearby disagreed, saying prices vary based on demand and supply. "We can determine the price once suppliers send them. The price is rising due to the shortage, but we are not overcharging. At the moment, we only have paper masks costing 20 baht each," she said.

Pharmacies in Lat Phrao's Saphan 2 Market area also said face masks are bought up as soon as they arrive. A state-run drug store said it has had over 2,000 purchase orders for green face masks.

"A 50-piece box of green face masks now costs 350 baht, up from 250 baht. Now, only [Japanese] pitta and cartoon face masks are available," she said.

Only one drug store was found selling green face masks at 20 baht apiece, "but they will soon run out like the N95 masks", the owner said.

The owner of another large pharmacy close to Phiboon Uppatham School in Lat Phrao said green face masks and N95 masks are out of stock indefinitely.

"The N95 masks are imported from different places, such as China, South Korea and Japan, while the green ones are made locally. You can buy them, but the price is rising due to hoarding. The wholesale price of a green mask is no more than 2 baht, but has now gone up to 7 baht apiece," he said.

Two convenience stores at Chatuchak BTS station were also found to have run out of green face masks. Their staff said they had procured around 10 boxes on Tuesday morning, but were now sold out.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source