(Don't) Wear a Mask Debate

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: (Don't) Wear a Mask Debate

Post by HHTel »

2/cb wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:13 am

You won’t beat stupid, true enough, but liberty and freedom of choice are two vital things that make life worth living.
I can think of many other things that make life worth living. Health for one!
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Liberty and Freedom! Absolutely. Preferably without responsibility and consideration for others.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

caller wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:52 pmToday, that number has reduced to one.
Up to 3 now.

And the other half had a meeting (not zoom) in Bkk cancelled today, as two of the scheduled attendees have tested positive for covid. One is her boss and she was at a two hour meeting with her the other day. She called me earlier and said she was surprised her boss wasn't wearing a mask at the earlier meeting, against company policy.

Too early for me to go without a mask, even if allowed right now. Certainly when in a Mall, or anywhere where you have to be in close proximity with others.
Talk is cheap
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

There'll be many people here that will carry on wearing masks for various reasons just as they did before Covid. It's the mandate that needs to be lifted not the 'mask wearing'.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It is being widely reported on Social Media that its been published in the Royal Gazette we no longer need to wear masks in open spaces. It's all in Thai, but my translator seems to confirm.
้อก ำหนด
ออกตำมควำมในมำตรำ
๙ แห่งพระรำชก ำหนด
กำรบริหำรรำชกำรในสถำนกำรณ์ฉุกเฉิน พ.ศ. ๒๕๔๘
(ฉบับที่

)

ตำมที่ได้มีประกำศสถำนกำรณ์ฉุกเฉินในทุกเขตท้องที่ทั่วรำชอำณำจักรตั้งแต่วันที่ ๒๖ มีนำคม
พ.ศ. ๒๕๖๓ และต่อมำได้ขยำยระยะเวลำกำรบังคับใช้ประกำศสถำนกำรณ์ฉุกเฉินดังกล่ำวออกไป
อย่ำงต่อเนื่องเป็นระยะ นั้น
โดยที่สถำนกำรณ์กำรระบำดของโรคติดเชื้อไวรัสโคโรนำ 2019 (โควิด
- 19) ปัจจุบันได้คลี่คลำย
และมีแนวโน้มในทำงที่ดีขึ้น จำกกำรด ำเนินมำตรกำรทำงสำธำรณสุขอย่ำงเข้มข้นและต่อเนื่องส่งผลให้
จ ำนวนผู้ป่วยและผู้เสียชีวิตจำกโรคดังกล่ำวลดลงเป็นล ำดับ จนสำมำรถผ่อนปรนบรรดำมำตรกำรและ
ข้อจ ำกัดต่ำง
ๆ ให้ประชำชนและผู้ประกอบกำรสำมำรถด ำรงชีวิตและด ำเนินกิจกรรมทำงเศรษฐกิจและ
สังคมได้ใกล้เคียงกับปกติ รวมไปถึงกำรผ่อนคลำยข้อจ ำกัดเรื่องกำรเดินทำงโดยเฉพำะกำรเดินทำง
ระหว่ำงประเทศจำกเดิมที่เคยก ำหนดเป็นมำตรกำรสกัดกั้นเชื้อโรคอย่ำงเร่งด่วน โดยปรับให้สอดคล้อง
กับนโยบำยเปิดประเทศของรัฐบำลเพื่อรับผู้เดินทำงจำกทั่วโลก กำรด ำเนินกำรตำมแผนและมำตรกำร
จัดกำรด้ำนสำธำรณสุขทั้งหลำยนี้เพื่อเตรียมควำมพร้อมกำรเปลี่ยนผ่ำนสู่ระยะ Post
-Pandemic ที่จะ
ประกำศให้เป็นโรคติดต่อทั่วไป ในกำรนี้ รัฐบำลโดยข้อเสนอของฝ่ำยสำธำรณสุขจึงเห็นสมควรพิจำรณำ
ปรับลดระดับพื้นที่สถำนกำรณ์ทั่วรำชอำณำจักร ผ่อนคลำยมำตรกำรควบคุมและป้องกันโรค
ให้สอดคล้องกับสถำนกำรณ์ปัจจุบันและกำรขับเคลื่อนกิจกรรมทำงเศรษฐกิจควบคู่กับกำรคงด ำเนิน
มำตรกำรที่จ ำเป็นส ำหรับป้องกันและควบคุมโร
ค รวมทั้งเพิ่มมำตรกำรเฝ้ำระวังโรคต่อไปอีก
ช่วงระยะเวลำหนึ่งเพื่อควบคุมกำรระบำดของโรคให้เป็นไปอย่ำงมีประสิทธิภำพสูงสุด
อำศัยอ ำนำจตำมควำมในมำตรำ ๙ แห่งพระรำชก ำหนดกำรบริหำรรำชกำรในสถำนกำรณ์ฉุกเฉิน
พ.ศ. ๒๕๔๘ และมำตรำ ๑๑ แห่งพระรำชบัญญัติระเบียบบริหำรรำชกำรแผ่นดิน พ.ศ. ๒๕๓๔
นำยกรัฐมนตรีจึงออกข้อก ำหนดและข้อปฏิบัติแก่ส่วนรำชกำรทั้งหลำยตำมค ำแนะน ำของศูนย์บริหำร
สถำนกำรณ์กำรแพร่ระบำดของโรคติดเชื้อไวรัสโคโรนำ 2019 (โควิด
) (ศบค.) ดังต่อไปนี้
ข้อ
๑ การปรับปรุงเขตพื้นที่จังหวัดตามพื้นที่สถานการณ์และยกเลิกการก าหนดพื้นที่น าร่อง
ด้านการท่องเที่ยว ให้ ศบค. มีค ำสั่งปรับปรุงเขตพื้นที่จังหวัดจ ำแนกตำมเขตพื้นที่สถำนกำรณ์ เพื่อให้
สอดคล้องกับสถำนกำรณ์กำรระบำดที่เกิดขึ้นในปัจจุบันและเป็นไปตำมแผนกำรเปิดประเทศเพื่อฟื้นฟู
เศรษฐกิจของรัฐบำล โดยให้น ำมำตรกำรควบคุมแบบบูรณำกำรที่ก ำหนดไว้ส ำหรับพื้นที่สถำนกำรณ์
ระดับต่ำง
ๆ ข้อห้ำม ข้อยกเว้น และข้อปฏิบัติที่ได้ประกำศไว้แล้วก่อนหน้ำนี้มำใช้บังคับเท่ำที่ไม่ขัด
หรือแย้งกับข้อก ำหนดนี้
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

I couldn't make much sense out of that and I didn't see anything specific about not wearing masks. Where does it say that?
buksida

Post by buksida »

Outdoor mask mandate was lifted effectively late Thursday night! The Royal Gazette published the order after 11pm Thursday night and stated it order under the COVID-19 Emergency Decree was made "so people can lead life increasingly resembling ordinary life". People can now decide by themselves whether the wear one in outdoors or not.

As for indoor areas with poor ventilation and crowded areas, the order stated that the Ministry of Public Health “recommends” people to still continue to wear masks.
It added those infected or suffer from contagious respiratory diseases should still wear mask outdoor, however.

290003915_406944294811418_9033781824495885403_n.jpg
290003915_406944294811418_9033781824495885403_n.jpg (58.06 KiB) Viewed 443 times
Source: Khasod English on Fayboo
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Published in the Royal Gazette and is law straight away: “The wearing of a mask is a voluntary practice from now onwards. The Ministry of Public Health only recommends that the general public wear a mask in a crowded or badly ventilated place or if they have symptoms.”

📌 But please note, private property, like shops and and also public transport, have the right to continue with mask mandates if they want. Government buildings will probably also continue for now. So, at the moment, you don’t have to wear a mask outdoors and it is only recommended for crowded places. But if a shop or the skytrain says you must wear a mask to enter, then you have no choice.

Source: http://www.ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/DATA/ ... ?fs=e&s=cl #Thailand
Attachments
FB_IMG_1656038340601.jpg
(254.2 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Well, I've just done my first maskless walk around the lake in over 2 years. I actually felt naked walking around without it.

Crazy thing................ those Thais who I see most days who took a very long time to conform were still wearing masks.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:22 am I actually felt naked walking around without it.
🤣🤣🤣 :laugh: :laugh:
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:Well, I've just done my first maskless walk around the lake in over 2 years. I actually felt naked walking around without it.

Crazy thing................ those Thais who I see most days who took a very long time to conform were still wearing masks.
Or they still don't know. You don't get much info from TV soaps.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I had a walk around the town without a mask. I agree with BB, it does feel a little weird. Got plenty of stares but only stares. I was waiting for cop to approach me but didn't happen. Damn!!!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Commercial premises can dictate the wearing of masks as policy. Initially, nobody will know which businesses require masks. Stand by for door signs - 'MASKS REQUIRED'

Until then I guess it's up to the staff to inform you.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The BTS just announced this afternoon that masks must be worn by everyone on all of their trains. It was breaking news on my phone.

Link later when the story is published.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Passengers still required to wear face masks on BTS Skytrain

https://thethaiger.com/news/bangkok/pas ... s-skytrain

Bangkok’s BTS Skytrain operator today insisted that all passengers still have to wear a face mask on their trains and around the platform area despite an announcement on the Royal Gazette platform that face mask wearing is now voluntary in Thailand.

The Royal Gazette last night surprised people in Thailand with the official announcement that wearing masks is voluntary in outdoor and airy places. The platform still recommended people wear face masks in crowded areas, places with large groups of people, and venues where people are unable to practice social distancing.

Today, at 9.39am, BTS Skytrain operator or Bangkok Mass Transit System Public Company Limited made it clear to all passengers on the company’s Facebook page that the company requires all passengers to wear masks at all times while using the system.

This means that BTS Skytrain commuters still have to wear masks when entering the stations, waiting for the train on the platform, and traveling on the trains.

In the comment, most of Thai netizens agreed with the company’s policy. People said, “I agree 100%.” “Please keep wearing it, don’t dare to get in if no more masks,” and “Super crowded, please wear it.”
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source