visit to pla u waterfall

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

STEVE G wrote:I was in Nottingham visiting my parents at the weekend and got to see the inside of the oldest pub in England for the price of a pint of bitter, which I thought commendable value. (Ye olde trip to Jerusalem, 1189AD, allegedly!)
I believe they try to charge everybody the same, but I wouldn’t be surprised if people from Derby occasionally pay more.
I never got the chance to visit there during the time I spent in England. Do they have a lot of 'Robin Hood' stuff Steve? Like the Friar Tuck Inn and Little John Tavern etc. American tourists and their kids would eat that stuff up, but perhaps modern kids don't read stuff like Robin Hood anymore. :( Pete :cheers:
bozzman101
Guru
Guru

Post by bozzman101 »

ok a few point from myself
soory about the puncation grammar not my bag baa baa if you have time on your hands you welcome to re do my post in a school teacher like manner and give marks out of 10 like the good old days
yes i do live here now mind you im only in 2 and a half weeks bought my house bought a new fortuiner pay my tax on my co it was my thai partner who had a fit about the price more than me
so i spent the money in a very nice caffee neaqr the water fall
they also told me its along walk to the fall not so good to birng a baby too so i spent more in the restraunt had a very enjoyable time with the folk who run it they brought us for a nice walk in their gardens which made up for any dissipointment
wbr
bozz
Once you go Asian you will never go Caucasian !!
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I never got the chance to visit there during the time I spent in England. Do they have a lot of 'Robin Hood' stuff Steve? Like the Friar Tuck Inn and Little John Tavern etc. American tourists and their kids would eat that stuff up, but perhaps modern kids don't read stuff like Robin Hood anymore.
Pete, they make as much out of the Robin Hood thing as they can manage; every time someone makes a new movie, Kevin Costner, Walt Disney, whatever, there’s a resurgence of interest.
And believe it or not there is still a Sheriff of Nottingham, although this is more of an administrative post now and he doesn’t get to chase outlaws on a horse so it’s not as exiting.
Near the Castle there is a bronze statue of Robin Hood from which drunken students used to steal his arrow, but they have now been thwarted by one made from some hi-tech metal that is impossible to hacksaw through!
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Last year when we went back, I was determined to try and show my wife as much of my country as I could.
So, a day trip return for us to London and seeing some sights, a couple of beers and a pub lunch, a travel card card on the underground and a wander around some my old haunts set us back 70 pounds odd.
A day out in Cambridge was the the same, with a canoe up the Cam.
However, at no time was my wife looked on as superior/inferior. She unfortunately had to pay the same as me.
I wish I could have got a discount for being British.
But seeing as they weren't giving any for French, German, Italian, Scandanavian, North American, South American, Australian, New Zealand, African etc people, I didn't ask.

Big Boy has said it already and my post above is only an agreement with with the town of Bath.