Orchids

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
petercr

Orchids

Post by petercr »

Can anyone recommend a good shop/garden centre for Orchids

Thanks
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

do you mean cut orchids or orchids to grow around your house and garden?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Seen cut ones in the market
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
niggle
Guru
Guru

Post by niggle »

Head south on Petchkasem rd, opposite Roccacia restaurant is a good garden centre
(ask for discount - they will always give)
petercr

Post by petercr »

Looking for Orchids in house and garden........thanks
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

There are three places I go for Orchids and I would rate all equally.

Grand Market on a Thursday, they have some absolutely stunning orchids there although I must add that I have not had a lot of success with the fancier ones - they seem to quickly lose their blooms and are reluctant to flower again. No such problems with the more basic ones and all those I bought last year are now starting to flower again.

For Orchids in tubs and displays I would recommend the flower shops by the railway station - a bit more expensive but the quality of the plants is good - I have had one that has now been flowering for 13 months

Khun Thor on Phetcahkasem Road, between Index and the bridge, next to Koncept. There are now two nurseries in that area but Thor's is the one closer to Index. He is Thai but was educated in Australia thus he speaks perfect english and will give you lots of tips for caring for your orchids and any other plants you buy.

All will give small discounts if you ask.

For cut orchids I have just bought some at the flower shop outside Villa Market and whilst not as cheap as some places they have lasted longer, either there of the shop along the railway line between the station and chomsin road
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Try the orchid market in Dansinkorn on sunday .A hundred times the choice and a fraction of the price .Worth a visit just for a look .

Crazy 88
little imp
Amateur
Amateur

Orchid

Post by little imp »

Singkhon border market. (1 hour drive) open on Saturday in the morning. It has various choice of orchid and all sort of flower. Plenty of garden furniture very cheap and enjoy bargaining. Orchids come across from Burma plenty you can't get locally. It's a good day out.
Toe shop in front of soi 29 is great service with his Aussie tongue. His plant is guarantee to die if you not look after well. 2 thumb up. :wink:
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Re: Orchid

Post by BaaBaa. »

little imp wrote: Toe shop in front of soi 29 is great service with his Aussie tongue. 2 thumb up. :wink:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Come on BaaBaa.
Khun Thor or Khun Toe is a matter of pronouncement I guess.
Thor is however a good old Norse name, and originates from the Viking's God of thunder.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Oops :oops:

Little Imp got the place .Suffering from memory loss today .

Crazy 88
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

little imp wrote:
Singkhon border market. (1 hour drive) open on Saturday in the morning. It has various choice of orchid and all sort of flower. Plenty of garden furniture very cheap and enjoy bargaining. Orchids come across from Burma plenty you can't get locally. It's a good day out.
I went there twice with my son-in-law in May. He reckons you pay about 10% of what you pay in Hua Hin. It wasn't only orchids, the family picked up loads of bargains at a fraction of the price you would normally pay in Hua Hin.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Norseman wrote:Come on BaaBaa.
Khun Thor or Khun Toe is a matter of pronouncement I guess.
Thor is however a good old Norse name, and originates from the Viking's God of thunder.
I was shocked at the good service he gave with his Aussie tongue.

Made it sound like a Lolitas for women. :mrgreen:
petercr

Post by petercr »

Gave the market a try yesterday and had a good day out.The Orchid's were well priced and there was a great selection, especially if you take plants that are not potted.

Returned to HH with a car full of goodies!!

Thanks for all input