Pak Nam Pran Seafood?

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
bangyuk
Novice
Novice

Pak Nam Pran Seafood?

Post by bangyuk »

Several years ago I ate at a wonderful seafoood restaurant right on the beach at Pak Nam Pran - it was next to a statue of a prince or princess. Can anyone tell me if the restaurant is still there, and is it still wonderful? I will be down in August. Any similar recommendations (I will be staying at Dolphin Bay) would be welcome. NB I am addicted to blaa samli daet diow or however you spell it!
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Just to the south side of Khao Kalaok - regularly eat their and never disappointed - in reality you rarely get a bad meal at any of the places in the KK or Sam Roi yot area. really beautiful down there, enjoy your stay.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Pak Nam Pran Seafood?

Post by STEVE G »

bangyuk wrote:Several years ago I ate at a wonderful seafoood restaurant right on the beach at Pak Nam Pran - it was next to a statue of a prince or princess. Can anyone tell me if the restaurant is still there, and is it still wonderful? I will be down in August. Any similar recommendations (I will be staying at Dolphin Bay) would be welcome. NB I am addicted to blaa samli daet diow or however you spell it!
If you head to the North end of the Dolphin Bay beach road, where you have to turn left away from the coast for a few kilometers, there is a shop on the corner and a couple of tables where you can eat on the beach, they will bring you a menu from the shop but you can have anything you want within reason.
The place is not fancy but the seafood is excellent; behind that shop there is a small fishing harbour so they can get fresh supplies straight from the boats.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Are we talking about the Milford area, because I do not see the KK etc names on the 'free' Hua Hin map?
buksida

Post by buksida »

I think they're referring to Khao Kalok, there is more info here:

http://www.khaotakiab.com/khao-kalok.htm

And a decent bar/restaurant here:

http://www.huahinmedia.com/orchid-garden.php
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Yes, we are in the area between Pak Nam Pram and Sam Roi Yod national park which is off the bottom of the area map on HHAD. I’ll see if I can find a link to a map if I get the chance later on.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

If you look at this map:http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... 93198&z=12
Milford is at the top and Khao Khalok is the headland further south next to the 4008 legend, and Dolphin Bay beach is from there south to Sam Roi Yod.
bangyuk
Novice
Novice

Post by bangyuk »

Thanks for these replies - I will follow up on all of the suggestions! However, the place I remember was definitely in Pak Nam Pran, right on the mouth of the Pranburi River. Is this the area referred to as Milford? The restaurant was right buy a "famous" royal statue.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I drove past that statue in Pak Nam Pran last month and I’m sure that the restaurant you mean was still there, although I didn’t go in that time.
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

We are based at the mouth of the Pranburi River - though on the opposite bank.
The restaurant in question is still there.
IMO, though, the OX restaurant a couple of hundred metres further south on the beach is even better.