take 5

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
tweedychris
Amateur
Amateur

take 5

Post by tweedychris »

hi where is take 5 restaurant and has anyone been there yet many thanks
Condoking
Professional
Professional

Post by Condoking »

Take 5 is in Kao Takiab about 3-400m after 7-11 on the right. I've never been there but I've heard mixed reports some good some not so good.
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and then again I just sits" Punch 24th Oct 1906
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Had a great meal there just after it opened, havent been back (but intend to).
Proper Indian chefs were brought over.
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Wow ive eaten snake and crocodile, but never Indian chefs. How did they taste?.... :shock:
www.35mmview.com
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

I had a fantastic Indian Curry there. Very authentic. I've only heard great reviews about it (its in Kho Takiab village on the right hand side as you drive from Hua Hin). It certainly looks like a cool place to be and is managed by Hua Hin "old timer" Sam.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Jockey wrote:managed by Hua Hin "old timer" Sam.
Thats a good enough reason for me to avoid it then.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
philippeQ
Novice
Novice

Post by philippeQ »

buksida wrote:
Jockey wrote:managed by Hua Hin "old timer" Sam.
Thats a good enough reason for me to avoid it then.
:idea: Why is that enough reason not to go there ?
Is there something worng with the owner of take 5 ?
Just don't want to give my money to the wrong people
KelpieKiss
Banned
Banned

Post by KelpieKiss »

Nice place to relax with a cocktail. Personally I think the curries are a bit small with not enough meat and no veg in them. They do taste good though. Get some veg in them and they'd be great. Mmmmmm curry...

Staff are very nice too.
buksida

Post by buksida »

philippeQ wrote:
As a second post to this forum how about explaining your agenda and connection to this restaurant?

:roll:

My opinion is based upon many years of doing business in Hua Hin and not the consistency of a good naan bread - although many people tell me I should change my ways.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
philippeQ
Novice
Novice

Post by philippeQ »

buksida wrote:
philippeQ wrote:
As a second post to this forum how about explaining your agenda and connection to this restaurant?

:roll:

My opinion is based upon many years of doing business in Hua Hin and not the consistency of a good naan bread - although many people tell me I should change my ways.
Sorry but no agenda. I just got curious when you wrote that the name Old Timer Sam is enough to avoid the place. Especially when a comment like that comes from a Old Timer Moderator.
And no connection either. I'm for the 1st time in HH and love Indian food. This place has an Indian cook, so I'll probably check it out soon.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Good on you then ... lets hear about your other thoughts on Hua Hin aside from Indian food ...

They wont change my opinion on that particular restaurant though :cheers:
SuperTonic
Suspended
Suspended

Post by SuperTonic »

As someone who spends his entire life eating (and with the expanding waistline to prove it) I can say that take 5 is a delicious place to eat, though it's bloody expensive. Much hotter than UK curries in my experience, but that's a good thing for me as I enjoy eating liquid fire :) Naan bread's delicious too. Still can't get decent poppadoms anywhere in Hua Hin though it seems. Grr.
Libraries gave us power, then work came and made us [url=http://linux.com/]free[/url]. What price now for a shallow piece of dignity?
[url=http://www.ubuntu.com]sudo apt-get install linux[/url]