Usa-Maas

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Gabachao
Novice
Novice

Usa-Maas

Post by Gabachao »

OK, OK, I almost hate to post this for fear of going to dinner one night and not being able to get a table, but I reckon the best food in Hua Hin is at Usa-Maas ("OOsah", not "U.S.A.!"), located just south of Khao Takiab, on the road to the Blue Wave and Suan Son beach, about 100 meters past the little bridge. The location is quiet, cool, and peaceful, surrounded by a beautiful orchid garden and talking mynah birds (good for the kids). Even at mid-day in the hot season it remains fairly cool. Everything is super clean. The staff is old-style Thai, exceptionally friendly and jai yen yen. The service is always excellent. And the food is superb. Thai food only, nothing fancy, but prepared with perfect balance, top quality ingredients, and just very expertly cooked. The chili is always enough to make your mouth tingle, but never veers off the beam into sado-masochism. It's not expensive at all either, with most dishes at 80-100 baht for good sized portions, and even khao pad gai at 40-60 baht.

The only difficulty perhaps is getting through Takiab to get there, but I will gladly risk my life on the motorbike and swerve through drunken fishermen to eat that food!
huahinsimon
Professional
Professional

usa mass

Post by huahinsimon »

No kidding? I had been there several times last year. then twice the quality and preparation fell of a cliff. I used to order off the pictures and it came out quite similar But about 6 months ago no way jose. not back since thanks for the update. will try again because it was very enjoyable and the orchids, etx nice
elem
Professional
Professional

Post by elem »

We had an excellent dinner for 6 p there a few nights ago -service also good
nice atmosphere

8)
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.[Benjamin Franklin]