Finally a direct flight from Berlin (Tegel) to Bangkok!!!

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Finally a direct flight from Berlin (Tegel) to Bangkok!!!

Post by The understudy »

Yo It's me the Understud

This might not be in your interest you so much but This News really filled me up with Joy and I'm really elladed about this.
The second largest German Airline LTU is about to unveil it's winter flightplan on Tuesday for it's newly build Terminal C at Berlin's Tegel Airport. Which will include a Three times a week Flight, On wednesday, Friday and Sunday from Berlin Tegel Airport (TXL) to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK). Leaked Flightplans from a German a Travel Forum reads as follows: From 2nd Nov. 2007

TXL - BKK // LT 1760 // --3---- // Departure 18:50 // Arrival 11:00 +1 // A330 - 200
TXL - BKK // LT1760 // ----5-7 // Deoarture 16:50 // Arrival 09:00 +1 // A330 - 200
BKK - TXL // LT1761 // 1----6- // Departure 11:15 // Arrival 16:45 // A330 - 200
BKK - TXL // LT1761 // -2----- // Departure 13:15 // Arrival 18:45 // A330 - 200

Yeeeaaaahhhhh!!! I was waiting a long Time for this and first heard in 2005 that Thai Airways was going to open a direct Flight from Bangkok to Berlin during the next few years, I'd waited. I hoped last years Football World Cup in Germany they would open it. No they didn't (whatt a waste of opprtunity on THai Airways part). In between the waiting I've sent a dozen requests of information regarding their Plans for Berlin to both LUfthansa and Thai Airways which are Members Star Alliance. But still no reply!
In the past I alsways had to take a Feeder Aircraft which took me to Frankfurt, Munich, and recently Vienna to hop on a direct flight To Bangkok which sometimes can really be a hassle if you fransfer through Big hubs but from this winter on not anymore.
Ohh This will not bode well with Lufthansa and Thai Airways which are dependant on feeder planes from diffrent parts of Germany to fill up them Hub Airports in Frankfurt and Munich.
LTU should have an introductary price for this flight so more Thais will fly back to Thailand and more Thais fly to Germany!!!

Your's very delighted The understudy!!!
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

The Understudy, the company I contract for works with LTU, and they were recently bought out by Air Berlin, so that will explain why they are now able to operate from Berlin. Before they used to fly Dusseldorf-Bangkok only during the summer, so I don't know whether they will operate all year out of Berlin.
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Howdy there Steve G

You are absolitely right. Air Berlin had bought the embattled LTU and now has a Three Hub Strategy. Still flying the majority frequency of flights (6 flights a week) to Bangkok out of there Hub in Duesseldorf but now alocating three Flights a week to each of it's other Hubs in Munich and now Berlin which has build a new Termainal C Which is capeaable of handling 2.5 Million Passengers a year.
The Berlin Airports Company Ltd. are in talks with Oasis Air from Hong Kong, Emirates of UAE and Air China to estblish more Intercontinental Flights to Berlin, Tegel.
In four and the half years time when the All New Berlin - Brandenburg Interantional Airport opens Berlin, Tegel will be closed in sic months Time. But until that Berlin Tegel wants to milk every opportunity to connect to more International Destinations
Your's The Understudy!!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Hello Y'all
I wanted to give an update of how well this flight was recieved since it was announced 2 month ago. Well the Thais overhere in Berlin and their german husbands are delighted and many of them have allready booked a Ticket on LTU. since you all know that LTU is now part of air Berlin Germany's second largest Airline now LTU expects also feeder flights to Berlin and then flying on the way to Bangkok. Right now as it stands the inaugural first flight has been fully booked and the flights for November has been booked over 95% allready there are Tickets left not many but there are some left.

Your's The understudy!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I think I read that this airline has recently ordered a dozen or so of the new Boeing 787 Dreamliners for their long haul flights. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I’ve worked for LTU quite a few times over the years and they used to have an all Boeing fleet in the nineties but at the moment they are operating Airbus 330 and 320’s. Air Berlin has ordered 25 Dreamliners which I think is the largest European order to date.
The business of selling airliners is booming at the moment and I see from this weeks Flight International that the combined order backlog for Boeing and Airbus is 5,699 aircraft which is about six years worth of production at present rates.