Thailand fuel/pump prices

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Thailand fuel/pump prices

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:I think they are trying to be smart, thinking the truck drivers won't notice small incremented rises. I don't think the public are as stupid as the politicians think they are. We will see.
I think you're wrong. About the public.

Diesel goes up by less than 2% how much can food prices go up the next day without a murmur from the public?
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Well, benzine 95 is now 48 baht at PTT stations, and almost 1 baht more at the PT stations. I can't help but think the authorities are gouging the premium gasoline users at the expense of trying to pacify the diesel users.
Note that very few stations still have this unadulterated benzine, and that there is always a queue to fill up.
วินเชนท์
buksida

Post by buksida »

This happens every time there is a hike, punish the petrol users to try and keep diesel down.

We've stopped using the state-owned PTT stations following reports of skimming on fills and lower-grade fuels. They keep their market share due to the monopoly on the 7-Elevens, and Thais love their 7-Elevens.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Well, benzine at the PTT stations (95,gasohol 95) have quietly gone up by 50 satang while diesel stays the same :tsk:
วินเชนท์
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

ice vs icev price.png
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

It's great if you are in an ideal situation to take advantage of the electric charging vs fuel costs, however my travel situation includes a lot of extended interprovincial travel with limited access to accessible charging points and extended range. My typical pitstop takes 10 minutes max and I have immediate an range of 500 km between stops. Also some flexibility with pure benzine 95 and the ability to use cheaper gasohol. The cost savings vs my initial investment with electric plus running cost will take too much time to recoup and I don't really see the infrastructure improving just now. I can live with that.
วินเชนท์