Chinese tourists (and their habits) surge into Thailand

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Re: Chinese tourists (and their habits) surge into Thailand

Post by huahin4ever »

caller wrote:
huahin4ever wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:02 pm I have now taken a trip to Bangkok, and OMG how many Chinese I see. I was in one of the big malls and I think nearly 50% were Chinese.
What Mall were you in? I go to Bkk on Friday for 9/10 days, be interesting to compare, it will be after the weekend.
This was Terminal 21. Soi 19. But currently it is 23:00 and I'm in Soi Nana. No Chinese here, but lots of farangs and Indians. PS! I'm not in Nana Plaza.

YNWA

YNWA
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

huahin4ever wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:11 pmThis was Terminal 21. Soi 19. But currently it is 23:00 and I'm in Soi Nana. No Chinese here, but lots of farangs and Indians.
Ah, okay thanks. Not normally a mall I bother with. I wonder what the big attraction was, as there's really not that much there.
Talk is cheap
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

caller wrote:
huahin4ever wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:11 pmThis was Terminal 21. Soi 19. But currently it is 23:00 and I'm in Soi Nana. No Chinese here, but lots of farangs and Indians.
Ah, okay thanks. Not normally a mall I bother with. I wonder what the big attraction was, as there's really not that much there.
I went there for the food, which isn't too bad. 2 floors of restaurants and food court.

YNWA

YNWA
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

huahin4ever wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:48 pm]I went there for the food, which isn't too bad. 2 floors of restaurants and food court.
Yes, the food court is very popular, they don't charge the venders any or a 'full market ' rent, thus prices are very good. I think it's viewed as a draw for tourists whatever, to go into the mall. It's the same as at their other malls, certainly the case at their Korat mall. I believe, but stand to be corrected on this, that the same group own the Market Village malls.
Talk is cheap
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Someone please keep eyes open in Hua Hin and post what you see during the next 10 days?
Many Chinese visitors at Makro this morning, mainly at the fruit and veg section, buying dragon fruit mostly.
Also by the cake fridge some table were set up to put ducks on it, the staff couldn't get them out of the boxes quick enough.
When I left nearly all the trolleys at the entrance had disappeared! Never seen that before!